Why Tweaks Change the Sound ...Mystery Solved

D

Dmance

Audiophyte
Yes, but why is he not setting it up himself? After all, 10s of thousands are willing subjects.

Oh, wait, perhaps not when they know it is a closed book test. :D
I live west of Toronto. I have contacts at McMaster Livelab MM https://mimm.mcmaster.ca/
for a venue and probably willing students...but setting it all up is not something I've done. And covid has messed everything up. Is there a good script? Best practices?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So my question is. What are these jaw dropping increases in SQ? Honestly curious, as I’m still kinda waiting for an explanation of what I might hear. Like MOAR bass? Cleaner midrange? What?
Can this sleeve overcome tinnitus, or credit card expectations?
If I’m being honest, I have to admit it seems dubious. I, like my friend @Pogre would possible participate, but I still don’t know what I might expect.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't sound interesting so far, but we'll see once the OP lays it out in detail as to what we might participate in.

D

Dmance

Audiophyte
So my question is. What are these jaw dropping increases in SQ? Honestly curious, as I’m still kinda waiting for an explanation of what I might hear. Like MOAR bass? Cleaner midrange? What?
Can this sleeve overcome tinnitus, or credit card expectations?
If I’m being honest, I have to admit it seems dubious. I, like my friend @Pogre would possible participate, but I still don’t know what I might expect.
William:
Definitely the best DACs i've heard for total transparency are those from Chord Electronics. These are headphone amps closely coupled to the DAC. Two channel only and not ideal for video due to the long pipeline delay in the audio path. Endgame SQ is relatively easy when you RF isolate everything upstream.
The impetus for developing RF-STOP Cable Sleeve was due the difficulty I had in achieving the same SQ after adding a downstream amplifier (for driving a loudspeaker). I discovered that RF was the issue and by adding the sleeve to the amplifier power cord I could hear the same level of SQ with headphones or with amp+loudspeakers. And the high level of SQ is not, so much, more bass or midrange ...but just the sense that you can peer deeper into the music. Its an uncanny level of transparency and certainly sounds like the original stripped bare of any digitization artifacts. Hard to explain but easy to hear. Thanks for your possible participation.
Dan

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"...but just the sense..." Sounds like just some poop. I'll pass on the snake oil. I've been using a touch of avocado oil in my cooking lately. "Hard to explain but easy to hear." Kinda like saying it was hard to identify but easy to see. Let's see what their selling at the next booth. Yikes, another Solar booth? Where's the guy with the hot tubs?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Please grant me the benefit of the doubt. I may be onto something. You can stand on the sidelines or PM me if you want to get involved.
No doubt at all. I have better things to do than this nonsense.

Oh, still no response as to this is a business for you or about to start it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

What do you know? Just because you work at CERN, the largest particle physics lab on the planet where they spend their days looking for neutrinos using super ultra sensitive SOTA equipment doesn't mean anything. You guys are using regular unshielded power cords!!

No wonder you haven't found dark matter yet... pft.

:p
But, but, but, this is about hearing micro details, not measuring or detecting particles. ;):)

But wait, maybe this might allow you to hear dark matter. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I live west of Toronto. I have contacts at McMaster Livelab MM https://mimm.mcmaster.ca/
for a venue and probably willing students...but setting it all up is not something I've done. And covid has messed everything up. Is there a good script? Best practices?
May want to contact them to see if they have experts on setting up bias controlled testing(double blind) especially in audio.
Or, an expert in human psychology of bias and testing.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"...but just the sense..." Sounds like just some poop. I'll pass on the snake oil. I've been using a touch of avocado oil in my cooking lately. "Hard to explain but easy to hear." Kinda like saying it was hard to identify but easy to see. Let's see what their selling at the next booth. Yikes, another Solar booth? Where's the guy with the hot tubs?
Hey, if I'm going to be censored, at least use crap over poop.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sure ...l am just getting started. Buy you could say that that evidence of the opposite is evidence that that there must be mechanism at play. Regarding USB/Ethernet re-clockers: there must be thousands (perhaps 10's of thousands) sold to satisfied customers who hear a difference. Here is your large sample size listening test ...despite the fact that DACs all now reclock and so there is no bitstream mechanism to explain the reported improvement in SQ. Are they all deluded? Are you going to discount their listening impressions? If you are honest and pragmatic about finding an answer you have to look outside the bitstream ...and this is the domain of analog RF noise.
Placebo and expectation bias are real, and difficult to defeat!

Proper DBT is required.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I gave shipping details Saturday in a pm and haven't heard back from him...

C

Chocolatey MidsFan

Enthusiast
I sure hope that the absence of RF will open up the mid-range and make them more Chocolatey. o_O

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I sure hope that the absence of RF will open up the mid-range and make them more Chocolatey. o_O
Dang, that's right where I was going.
How does one tell between Chocolately bass and Toffee bass?
If this magic shielding of the OP's works. how will you notice the absence of something you couldn't hear in the first place?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I gave shipping details Saturday in a pm and haven't heard back from him...
Big weekend. Even in Canada, perhaps he is thinking about the increased cases and not sure what next? ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Dang, that's right where I was going.
How does one tell between Chocolately bass and Toffee bass?
If this magic shielding of the OP's works. how will you notice the absence of something you couldn't hear in the first place?
By taste then? Open wide and see the nerve reactions to it, which buds it resonates? :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

May also need to change the title page.
Certainly not solved and no evidence that it is solved. Maybe not even an issue. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No doubt at all. I have better things to do than this nonsense.

Oh, still no response as to this is a business for you or about to start it.
His website is definitely on the business side of things. Even promotions by audiophool blog Audio Bacon! LOL.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis