Why only tower speakers are firing???

H

hextall27

Audioholic
I have a Denon avr-x4200w receiver powering 2 Klipsch r-28f towers, a Klipsch 450c center channel, a Klipsch r-15sw sub and 2 Klipsch rb-61 ii's rears. When I play music from my iPhone via Bluetooth only the towers and the sub are firing! Any idea's, I think its a setting issue or something...any help would be awesome as I am a newb when it comes to audio setup. Thanks!!!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a Denon avr-x4200w receiver powering 2 Klipsch r-28f towers, a Klipsch 450c center channel, a Klipsch r-15sw sub and 2 Klipsch rb-61 ii's rears. When I play music from my iPhone via Bluetooth only the towers and the sub are firing! Any idea's, I think its a setting issue or something...any help would be awesome as I am a newb when it comes to audio setup. Thanks!!!
Music is 2 channel, your source is 2 channel, so why would you expect more than 2 channels to have output?

If you want all of your speakers playing (upmixing from stereo), then you need to look for a DSP mode along the lines of "all channel stereo" or "party mode", or something similar (whatever Denon calls it).

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Music is 2 channel, your source is 2 channel, so why would you expect more than 2 channels to have output?

If you want all of your speakers playing (upmixing from stereo), then you need to look for a DSP mode along the lines of "all channel stereo" or "party mode", or something similar (whatever Denon calls it).
Ok I’ll check to see what settings it has after it’s firmware update. Thank you

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Think Denon/Marantz call it ”Multi channel stereo”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't recommend multi-ch stereo myself, more a party mode than a sit in the sweet spot listening mode. Sounds like if your L/R and sub are active you're in stereo mode. Upmixers for multich surround would be the Dolby Surround or DTS' Neural:X sound modes. (Start at page 146 of your manual for how to access)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would recommend DTS NeuralX that HD mentioned for most music and movies, but not all music and movies. :D

Last edited:
H

hextall27

Audioholic
it was in the setting to multi /dts/ect. Thanks for the help!! Love the site!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
it was in the setting to multi /dts/ect. Thanks for the help!! Love the site!
Multi-ch in (that's what I thought of first) is more about how it's receiving the signal, via pcm (rather than bitstream and having your avr process a codec). Not sure why all speakers wouldn't work in multi-ch stereo or DTS etc, tho.....did you recently add to just a 2.1 setup?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis