It’s because their open box...

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Haha. Do you think theyre good to go?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
The seller has good feedback so probably. I wonder if you get any warranty tho? Might ask.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's not too different from some of the sale prices for new units being cleared out either ($800 has been posted up a few times). If it has full warranty (and they're an authorized dealer),seems the seller has been around a while altho I've no experience with them...but why would they have 18 open box units? Returns?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Check to see if they are an authorized dealer, otherwise the warranty may not be valid.
$900 seemed to be the going price for the 4400 once the newer 4500 was released. A $150 discount is a great deal for a open box unit. Accessories4Less is selling refurbished units for $800 with a one year warranty. The open box should have the full 3 year warranty if the dealer is authorized.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Check to see if they are an authorized dealer, otherwise the warranty may not be valid.
$900 seemed to be the going price for the 4400 once the newer 4500 was released. A $150 is a great deal for a open box unit. Accessories4Less is selling refurbished units for $800 with a one year warranty. The open box should have the full 3 year warranty if the dealer is authorized.
I'd not rely on just warranty with an open box but also a return policy for a set period of time, preferably 30 days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Heres another one that might be a safer deal. 750, brand new but damaged shipping box. Says its an authorized dealer and full warranty is included. Plus its Amazon which would be easier to deal with on a return.

**1st one in the list.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B072Z6VT1C/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1541721924&sr=8-1&keywords=x4400
FWIW I don't see them in Denon's list of authorized dealers and with a "used-like new" equipment condition description sold from other than Amazon is Amazon any help on a return?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Well, i buy nothimg but amazon these days. Have for years. We have boxes showing up on a near daily basis. Never really had an issue and returns are always easy. Easier when its amazon direct, but still not bad with the retailers.

Ebay however omg i could on on for days about all my problems over there. Both as a buyer and a seller. That place is a joke. I recently closed my account forever after an epic battle over an svs sub and a double charge thru paypal. I would avoid ebay at all costs.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
with a "used-like new" equipment condition description sold from other than Amazon is Amazon any help on a return?
The short answer is it depends!:D
Since it is listed as an Amazon Prime item, this return policy applies:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015721#aag_returns

The verbage there is a little unclear unless you noted this blurb:
Note: If the seller's listing is eligible for Amazon Prime, it will be subject to the same return policies as items fulfilled by Amazon.com that are outlined on this page.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Its not prime. The one below it is for 799, but it says used

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
When I changed the parameters to prime this item disappeared....it does have free shipping, tho.
?????
If you are talking about checking the box labeled "Prime" in the left hand column, the $749 unit stays put for me!?
Also interesting that the $749 unit says "+ $0.00 estimated tax" while the others have ~ $53 in taxes.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Thats normal on the tax thing. Amazon direct has to charge tax now by law, but resellers can still avoid it if thet operate in a state without sales tax.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
?????
If you are talking about checking the box labeled "Prime" in the left hand column, the $749 unit stays put for me!?
Also interesting that the $749 unit says "+ $0.00 estimated tax" while the others have ~ $53 in taxes.
Interesting. No, it doesn't show a marking of prime at all and when I checked the box to prime filter it disappeared. I even signed in thinking that might make a difference as I am a prime member, but it still doesn't show as prime even with the box unchecked. Interesting there are more available in stock now than before, too.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Since I brought it up, if someone buys it and has a problem dont blame me lol!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’ve ordered on Amazon thru IQ Home Entertainment and yes there is no sales tax. Everything went well for me with a new Yamaha AVR but I never tried to return anything. So sunny day scenario. They took my money and I got my AVR. I did have them double box it and that was only an extra $5 or something. Well worth it when going from Virginia to Seattle. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting. No, it doesn't show a marking of prime at all and when I checked the box to prime filter it disappeared. I even signed in thinking that might make a difference as I am a prime member, but it still doesn't show as prime even with the box unchecked. Interesting there are more available in stock now than before, too.
Sounds like Amazon may have a special note in your file!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis