Why is my soundbar squeaking like a cat's chew toy?

LoneMoose

LoneMoose

Audiophyte
I have a TCL TV #43S515 (Roku) and an Insignia soundbar # NS-SB316 which has been working fine for a while now. It was connected via the 3.5mm audio jack

Recently I noticed that there were occasional squeaking sounds coming from the soundbar (SB). This was during recent, high-quality films on several different streaming channels.

When I muted the SB and activated the TV built-in speakers - no squeak.

I unplugged and reconnected all cables
I rebooted the TV and SB.
reset the audio settings in the TV
checked for TV/Roku software updates
connected the SB to the TV via optical cable
nothing worked

The issue seems to be the SB, but what would be wrong to make those squeaky sounds?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a TCL TV #43S515 (Roku) and an Insignia soundbar # NS-SB316 which has been working fine for a while now. It was connected via the 3.5mm audio jack

Recently I noticed that there were occasional squeaking sounds coming from the soundbar (SB). This was during recent, high-quality films on several different streaming channels.

When I muted the SB and activated the TV built-in speakers - no squeak.

I unplugged and reconnected all cables
I rebooted the TV and SB.
reset the audio settings in the TV
checked for TV/Roku software updates
connected the SB to the TV via optical cable
nothing worked

The issue seems to be the SB, but what would be wrong to make those squeaky sounds?
Well, when does it squeak? If it is louder sounds, or when there is heavy bass, I suspect you have blown a speaker and have voice coil rub. Whatever it is, I think the unit is done.

Sound bars have miserable little puny speakers, that are easily overloaded and destroyed. If you must use a sound bar, then make sure the next one has a sub to offload the bass.

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Tried all:
Sound share
Hmdi
Bluetooth
Digital audio

All giving a high pitched humming sound left an right.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Tried all:
Sound share
Hmdi
Bluetooth
Digital audio

All giving a high pitched humming sound left an right.
Your description sounds more like instability in one of the audio circuits. Those type of units are not serviceable and you need to get something else. F oe the price those were offered at you have to expect them to fail and fast. Junk products are the most expensive you ever buy.

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Your description sounds more like instability in one of the audio circuits. Those type of units are not serviceable and you need to get something else. F oe the price those were offered at you have to expect them to fail and fast. Junk products are the most expensive you ever buy.
Yea, I googled a little bit and guess your right.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis