Why Do I Have To Hit 'BACK' Twice?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Hey guys - Not sure what's going on, but I have half a dozen computers and on all of them with the newest version of IE, I have to hit the back button TWICE to go back. This is the only website/forums where I run into this issue and I'm not sure why, but it is pretty consistent across my PCs running IE version 9.

Just wanted to mention it as I go to other websites using vBulletin and they don't have this issue. I also can't remember when it started to occur, but believe it was a couple of months ago.

Probably just my browser, but since I tend to navigate heavily with the 'back' button, it has gotten annoying and wanted to see if I was the only one with this issue.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
You're not the only one.
I thought maybe my antivirus was messing with me.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've noticed this lately on IE (for which I don't use ad blocking) on some sites, including this one. If you press and hold the back arrow button, you'll see that there is another address in between your previous and current page addresses. When I check, they look like ad links.

I don't get that on Firefox, which is my main web browser, as I use ad blocking.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
I recently updated to IEv9 a week or so ago and I thought I was getting Alzheimers. So glad to know others have found this issue too.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I've been getting this on quite a few sites recently. I don't know what has changed in the last few weeks or so, but yes, there are intervening ad links between the current and previous page showing whenever it happens.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't use IE (period)
Two words: Google Chrome

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't experienced this issue (I'm using firefox).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Right click and choose back :)

When I am browsing most forums I actually click back to the forum at the top of the thread instead of using back. I have IE on a few machines and they do it. On this machine I use FireFox and have no problems.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I went into my browser settings under TOOLS->OPTIONS->SECURITY->RESTRICTED SITES

and I added http://www.alltagcloud.info to the list of restricted sites.

That appears to have corrected the issue. Not sure who/what the heck that site is, but it is consistently the 'between' site which is causing me headaches here.

Glad I wasn't going insane. (today)

Wow... that was an interesting learning experience... Turns out it was a VBSEO issue. Should be fixed, but PLEASE test it. It could be more rampant than we think, but I updated the offending file.

BMXTRIX - THANK YOU for bringing this to our attention. If you shoot me your address in a PM I'll ship you out a pair of a-JAYS Four earphones as a thank you.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Well, I went into my browser settings under TOOLS->OPTIONS->SECURITY->RESTRICTED SITES

and I added http://www.alltagcloud.info to the list of restricted sites.

That appears to have corrected the issue. Not sure who/what the heck that site is, but it is consistently the 'between' site which is causing me headaches here.

Glad I wasn't going insane. (today)
Are these the clowns that tag the generic words like "speaker" so when you roll over them they are a link and popup that wants to redirect you to another site to buy something?

Talk about in your face marketing...

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Wow... that was an interesting learning experience... Turns out it was a VBSEO issue. Should be fixed, but PLEASE test it. It could be more rampant than we think, but I updated the offending file.

BMXTRIX - THANK YOU for bringing this to our attention. If you shoot me your address in a PM I'll ship you out a pair of a-JAYS Four earphones as a thank you.
It does appear to be fixed. Pretty much.
The back button now works with a single click but, at least for me, the forward button now grays out.
That's a minor issue to me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis