Why At & tlooks so bad on my 4K tv ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Brought cable box up to my bedroom it looks so bad I had to hook it to a old hd tube tv ....and on that it look better but is far too small 30” vs my 55” tv ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What connection did you make? Were you on a HD channel? Is the box setup to put out HDTV properly?

Plenty of reasons why it could look bad. Including just being on a really bad HD feed.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What connection did you make? Were you on a HD channel? Is the box setup to put out HDTV properly?

Plenty of reasons why it could look bad. Including just being on a really bad HD feed.
It’s hdmi I set it up probably set it to full hd..
It’s hooked threw my Onkyo 818 I’ll try direct next ..

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It’s hooked threw my Onkyo 818 I’ll try direct next ..

818 only does 1080p no 4K. It would look better on a 4K AVR. But yeah try some other settings it might improve on the 818 it’s a great one, I had one and it rocked.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
But, what channel were you on? I've seen, several times, people end up on SD channels instead of the HD channel. Since cable boxes carry both SD and HD channels, you have to be sure you are on the HD channel to get the best video quality.

Another thing to try is a proper HD source, like a Roku or similar device. Perhaps a PC or Laptop hooked up to the TV and playing some HD video off of YouTube or from Netflix. This way you aren't just trying one thing, and complaining about one thing, then finding out that one thing is the problem. Not the TV. I expect if you hook up a laptop directly or a Roku (or similar) that you may see a marked improvement compared to the cable box, and that it may be something about what is going on with the cable box itself.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
But, what channel were you on? I've seen, several times, people end up on SD channels instead of the HD channel. Since cable boxes carry both SD and HD channels, you have to be sure you are on the HD channel to get the best video quality.

Another thing to try is a proper HD source, like a Roku or similar device. Perhaps a PC or Laptop hooked up to the TV and playing some HD video off of YouTube or from Netflix. This way you aren't just trying one thing, and complaining about one thing, then finding out that one thing is the problem. Not the TV. I expect if you hook up a laptop directly or a Roku (or similar) that you may see a marked improvement compared to the cable box, and that it may be something about what is going on with the cable box itself.
Nothing really worked I decided to hook it to my crt HDTV looks amazing ... 30” but my parents still gone for 5 more days or less I’d like to hook it to my 55” I’ll try direct

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis