Who's been on probation?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
There's been a few times where I should have probably been slapped down a little, but either by luck or chance I didn't earn the "Probation" status. Things always get heated during certain topics, such as religion, politics, and the more vocal amongst us are likely to be the ones stepping a little outside the line to prove points. I'm guilty of it, but do try to be civil and respectful as long as those on the other side of the debate or likewise civil and respectful. It's a two-way street.

Oh, and Johnd - I know you're out there lurking. ;) Just wanted to say it's safe to come back and play again. :D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
There's been a few times where I should have probably been slapped down a little, but either by luck or chance I didn't earn the "Probation" status. Things always get heated during certain topics, such as religion, politics, and the more vocal amongst us are likely to be the ones stepping a little outside the line to prove points. I'm guilty of it, but do try to be civil and respectful as long as those on the other side of the debate or likewise civil and respectful. It's a two-way street. [emphasis added]

Oh, and Johnd - I know you're out there lurking. ;) Just wanted to say it's safe to come back and play again. :D
I doubt that the moderators will care "who started it". My guess is that anyone who is sufficiently uncivil, regardless of how much the other person deserves to be told off, will be likely to be disciplined in some way, if they are noticed doing this.

Again, this is my guess, not an official pronouncement of the policies here.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I doubt that the moderators will care "who started it". My guess is that anyone who is sufficiently uncivil, regardless of how much the other person deserves to be told off, will be likely to be disciplined in some way, if they are noticed doing this.

Again, this is my guess, not an official pronouncement of the policies here.
Hi, have we met?

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You guys have been lucky, that the Major is a hooligan himself. He lets things slide (but as long as he's drinking.) Sssssh, don't tell him I told you, send him a bottle of Green Fairy and you can cuss and holler to your heart's content.

P.S. Mazer made me do this.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
You guys have been lucky, that the Major is a hooligan himself. He lets things slide (but as long as he's drinking.) Sssssh, don't tell him I told you, send him a bottle of Green Fairy and you can cuss and holler to your heart's content.

P.S. Mazer made me do this.
let me guess, you guys are drinking again? :D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Hi, have we met?

SheepStar
I am not sure if I understand the question. We have both participated in some of the same threads in the past, if that is what you mean. And who knows, maybe we live next door to each other and have met, but since I have no idea who or where you are, I have no idea if we have ever actually met (which, I expect, isn't what you meant anyway).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi, have we met?

SheepStar
I am not sure if I understand the question. We have both participated in some of the same threads in the past, if that is what you mean. And who knows, maybe we live next door to each other and have met, but since I have no idea who or where you are, I have no idea if we have ever actually met (which, I expect, isn't what you meant anyway).
Now that's funny.

Pyrrho,
I believe Sheep is chumming up to you because he agrees with your previous post. It's funny because it's the kind of thing you say to a girl at a party.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow. Nevermind.

SheepStar

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Now that's funny.

Pyrrho,
I believe Sheep is chumming up to you because he agrees with your previous post.

Yes, I know.

It's funny because it's the kind of thing you say to a girl at a party.
What a revolting image that is. I think I may have to ignore this thread in the future. Or at least come prepared for that sort of imagery.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Same time as me and Pyrrho. Yeah, that's right, I have outed Pyrrho. Same incident. Couple of weeks ago.
If you are going to say such things, you should at least provide some sort of documentation. Presumably, you intend to bring to mind this thread:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41901

If one wants the full story, of course it is best to read the entire thread. But if one wishes only to see whatever might be relevant to me, one can read post 254

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=390020&postcount=254

and then one can start reading everything from post 335, which is the one in which I ask what those reasons are. Then judge for yourself what is said thereafter.

I have no comments that I wish to make about what is said there. Again, read it and judge the matter for yourself.

The main problems are that

1) people think we care who started it - we don't
2) people get upset when put on probation instead of realizing it's kind of a sign of respect. We just ban people who really screw up... (no offense, Sheep, I think we added the probation options after you were banned last time around)
3) people email me afterwards - as if I'm going to go in and change their probation period. It's a "set it and forget it" thing and usually expires after 3 or 7 days.

B

BG3

Audioholic
The Google ads for this page are funny:
"Work in Probation"
"Probation Officer Careers"
"Want Parole Job?"
"Probation Records"
"Be a Probation Officer"
:rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com