Whole House audio INC

M

mx416

Audioholic
Has anyone bought from Whole house audio inc.? I am currently looking at ordering 3 in ceiling speakers and just what to make sure they are reputable?

Thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
While I haven't ordered from them before, their email leads to this site:

The brands represented are well established and trusted. I've ordered from Outdoor Speaker Depot (OSD) several times with good results always.

As to the quality of what I've used: It has been pretty run of the mill. In-ceiling and outdoor speakers from OSD haven't been phenomenal or special, but have been just fine. The selection on their website is minimal, and I would lean towards Monoprice over them for the variety and selection they offer. But, I wouldn't expect Monoprice to sound one bit better/worse for the money.

Not sure what type of speaker you specifically are looking at, but the list of in-ceiling speakers from Monoprice is pretty extensive and should be compared.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Thanks for the info. That makes me feel better

I am looking for a Dual tweeter 8” “stereo” in ceiling speaker. they are a replacement speaker and the holes are already At 9.5” diameter. So my choices are limited.

Thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Looking on wholehouseaudio.com it only appears that they have one version of that speaker, and it is sold, for some reason, as a two pack.

Since it is a single speaker 'stereo' model, you may want to go straight to the horse that is pulling this cart at Outdoor Speaker Depot...

I would have no problem buying this or recommending this as a value option to anyone really.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Thank you that option. this was the speaker i was looking at...

M

mx416

Audioholic
Can anyone please tell me if thsee speakers above will work as ”stereo tweeters”
I will be giving each speaker a Left & Right signal

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
That speaker is a single speaker stereo model. As a rule, these speakers generally suck at actually delivering a stereo sound field. It is MUCH better to buy a pair of speakers and separate them appropriately. I have mainly seen them used in bathrooms and laundry rooms where a single stereo speaker kind of makes sense.

If things are wired the way they are wired, then a single speaker stereo setup is just fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis