Who Makes the Best Performing Subwoofers?

Who Makes the Best Subwoofers?

• Axiom Audio

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Elemental Designs

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Epik Subwoofers

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • JL Audio

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • HSU Research

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Rythmik Audio

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • SV Sound

Votes: 49 39.5%
  • Velodyne

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters
Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I discovered Velodyne posted this thread on their Facebook page so that is probably affecting the results somewhat.
I think that explains it. Anyway, no one should buy a subwoofer based on a subjective poll of anonymous people. I would certainly trust your revięws in which performance is measured far more than any poll like this, no matter what the results.

Last edited:
Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Well most people decide which sub to buy by first researching which one would perform the best ;)
Yes, but some people are better at researching than others, and some people refuse to buy a subwoofer that they cannot hear before buying (which means they won't consider an internet direct brand, at least not new; some people will not consider used either). They also buy based on price, so what people buy need not be what they think is best and wish they could afford. Very few people really buy what they consider to be the best subwoofer made, at least among people with good sense who cannot afford to spend thousands on subwoofers.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll be add a vote in a month or so. I need time to evaluate teh new Rythmic LVR12 which I'll be ordering shortly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis