Who killed Marilyn Monroe?

M

mooser745

Audiophyte
I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.) I'm not an expert (although I admit to being a Forensic Files junkie), there were a few points that the article brought up that really make me wonder how it could have been classified as an "apparent suicide" and not further investigated as a murder. Though this might be fun to discuss...as I'm sure everyone has an opinion on theory. Feel free to add your thoughts:

1) Her house was completely bugged, under 24/7 surveillance from all sorts of people (FBI, CIA, Hoffa, etc.) So how could no one have heard, or even better, had a tape of what happened that night?

2) The autopsy report was compromised, with a majority of the substances reported "missing"...including that from her stomach (her death, they say, was caused from taking 30-40 pills...but how could that be confirmed without proper testing?)

3) She was planning to re-marry Joe DiMaggio (according to his niece), so the idea of killing herself (and not really leaving a note, or calling him) doesn’t seem to really make sense to me.

Mike

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
mooser745 said:
I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.)
Hahahaha! You buy Playboy for it's written content?! :eek: Oh that's just too good! Hahahaha! ;)

Regards

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
The conspiracy theories will never end, but she most likely accidentally OD'd on barbiturates.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Movie? music? DVD? CD?

Is this about a recent movie?? or is there a musical about Marilyn?
or was she an audiophile or an audioholic??

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
Kennedy

When I was young, I went through a stage where I was obsessed with Marilyn Monroe. I read at least 8 books about her life. One of the leading theories (and keep in mind they are all "conspiracy theorys" to be taken with a full shaker of salt) is that John F. Kennedy had her killed to keep her from talking about the affair that they had (were having). Do I believe it? Nope, I just think she was very depressed and took too many pills one night. Despite stardom, she was very depressed over child hood issues (her mother in fact was institutionalized), lack of a true love (three failed marriages), the desire to have a child, and never getting to be taken seriously as an actress. Only a few Marilyn Monroe films actually featured Marilyn the actress, as opposed to Marilyn, America's sex symbol. (i.e. early film Don't Bother to Knock, and two later successful films Bus Stop, and her last film The Misfits).
Not an audio question for sure, but I always liked Marilyn, even if she did die before I was born (and so for that matter did JFK)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis