Who is/was mad at me?

MacManNM said:
Chill, it's a joke dude. Plus this is the steam vent. Is this not the proper place?

"Talk about anything you'd like here. Or, if you've got a beef, or you just want to vent some audio steam... come on in. This is the only place you won't get in trouble for flame wars - all other places are off limits."

My wife is 8 months prego, and you seem to have more mood swings than she does.
Man, it seems like we have been getting attacked by our own people of late, so it was easy for me to assume you were serious.

It's tough, because Gene and I are killing ourselves lately (OK, always) to make this site a cool place and to constantly improve or standards (as well as the volume of reviews) and we keep getting accused and asked to defend ourselves...

If you were just kidding then I overreacted. Just one remaining question, though: Do I look fat? :p

PS. The Steam Vent isn't necessarily a safe haven for people to constantly attack us - there have to be limits to the amount of badgering we'll take, simply due to the fact that some people never quit. And we don't have a full time person assigned to answer accusations ad infinitum.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
Man, it seems like we have been getting attacked by our own people of late, so it was easy for me to assume you were serious.

It's tough, because Gene and I are killing ourselves lately (OK, always) to make this site a cool place and to constantly improve or standards (as well as the volume of reviews) and we keep getting accused and asked to defend ourselves...

If you were just kidding then I overreacted. Just one remaining question, though: Do I look fat? :p

PS. The Steam Vent isn't necessarily a safe haven for people to constantly attack us - there have to be limits to the amount of badgering we'll take, simply due to the fact that some people never quit. And we don't have a full time person assigned to answer accusations ad infinitum.
I'll take that job!

The Sheep

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Clint DeBoer said:

I understand what you are saying. My point is that you don't need to answer them, your past performance should hold it's own. By arguing with them, you are not going to change their mind, heck look at Mtry Vs. everyone else!

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:

We come to this forum to hang out and speak freely on topics we love and ALL have in common. Some escape work, school or the daily grind of life. I know this is your life and it shows through all your hard work and dedication to a topic some would just call a hobby. I began here looking for a little advice. I stayed because of the unpretencious advice and genuine thought people put into thier replies. I have learned quite a bit and enjoy reading all the threads.
I know I am a new member but you moderators should look at this forum like its a little playground. "OUR" little playground. Most of us have adopted this place as such. Look at it as if WE were all on recess and YOU were the under paid & overworked teachers trying to keep your eyes on a bunch of troubled kids. Dont turn your back...your bound to get hit with a spitball! Remember those kids that tried to "show-up" the teachers?...They have no friends!
On the flip side, I sometimes enjoy when someone jumps on their high horse and flies off the merry-go-round every once in a while. I also take offence when someone personally attacks someone who has given valuable advise to me, or someone else just starting out. As long as its in good fun, or friendly debate...No harm, No foul!
Everyone who has visited, or is a member here, has some sort of pride in this place. Its got to be tough trying to filter out all the attitudes that cross the line. Keep up the good work. It far overshadows the little pokes and jabs someone feels necessary to throw at you. Remember...If it wasnt for you guys, where would we come and play?

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Mr. Lamb Fries said:
We come to this forum to hang out and speak freely on topics we love and ALL have in common. Some escape work, school or the daily grind of life. I know this is your life and it shows through all your hard work and dedication to a topic some would just call a hobby. I began here looking for a little advice. I stayed because of the unpretencious advice and genuine thought people put into thier replies. I have learned quite a bit and enjoy reading all the threads.
I know I am a new member but you moderators should look at this forum like its a little playground. "OUR" little playground. Most of us have adopted this place as such. Look at it as if WE were all on recess and YOU were the under paid & overworked teachers trying to keep your eyes on a bunch of troubled kids. Dont turn your back...your bound to get hit with a spitball! Remember those kids that tried to "show-up" the teachers?...They have no friends!
On the flip side, I sometimes enjoy when someone jumps on their high horse and flies off the merry-go-round every once in a while. I also take offence when someone personally attacks someone who has given valuable advise to me, or someone else just starting out. As long as its in good fun, or friendly debate...No harm, No foul!
Everyone who has visited, or is a member here, has some sort of pride in this place. Its got to be tough trying to filter out all the attitudes that cross the line. Keep up the good work. It far overshadows the little pokes and jabs someone feels necessary to throw at you. Remember...If it wasnt for you guys, where would we come and play?

WOW great post! Got a tear in me eye laddy!

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
The Town Drunk is to the bar as you are to this forum,

ALWAYS HERE!! Shouldn't you be out partying?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis