KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I saw this ad (here on AH) with the review at the bottom. Is this a random consumer review, or is from someone who has a history of evaluating amps?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I saw this ad (here on AH) with the review at the bottom. Is this a random consumer review, or is from someone who has a history of evaluating amps?
Can you look on the site and see if it's a reviewer or consumer?

It Kind off looks like a consumer review to me have to check it out to know for sure

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Can you look on the site and see if it's a reviewer or consumer?

It Kind off looks like a consumer review to me have to check it out to know for sure
Yeah, it is just a bit of a shame to see advertisements quoting reviews by Joe Blow. I mean there is some truly deep sh!t in some of the Amazon reviews! I appreciate having them for a general sense about a product, but Dayton Audio's sales manager could post a review that says whatever he wants it to. I was expecting to see something like "Stereophile" or "The Absolute Sound" after his name

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I mean there is some truly deep sh!t in some of the Amazon reviews! I appreciate having them for a general sense about a product, but Dayton Audio's sales manager could post a review that says whatever he wants it to.
I agree with you.
You have to be careful about Amazon reviews both in Canada and in the US, and probably on any other country's site. Their reviews are all mixed up! For example, the other day, I was looking at reviews on a 2016 opera performance on Blu-ray, and one of them related to the same opera, but filmed in 2003 and also with different singers !
Cheers!

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Man, I used to find value in some consumer reviews. You know. I’d read the 5 star, AND the 1 star reviews and then between the lines. But nowadays, it’s all bullsh1t.
I was looking up some info on a Samsung soundbar that a member asked about. Iirc, I ended up on Samsung’s site. So this guy’s in there, says he does reviews all the time etc so I start reading(in the same way you slowly watch a baseball coming straight at your face), and he starts gushing on about how he’s never heard anything soooo good, better than any stereo or home theater setup he’s ever heard. I skimmed a little more, hit myself in the head and decided humanity has been destroyed.
In fact, for avian hour, I had to talk myself out of starting an account there, just to point out what utter, bullshit he was barfing out. In the end, swerds reminder about wrestling with turds popped in my mind. I hate people sometimes.....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon reviews sometimes are for a whole range of products from the same brand....not the particular model that you're looking at. Probably plenty of padded reviews, too....the verified purchase thing doesn't seem to mean a lot sometimes either. Then again anyone who says (generally) an amp blows others out of the water sounds like a deluded consumer.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man, I used to find value in some consumer reviews. You know. I’d read the 5 star, AND the 1 star reviews and then between the lines. But nowadays, it’s all bullsh1t.
I was looking up some info on a Samsung soundbar that a member asked about. Iirc, I ended up on Samsung’s site. So this guy’s in there, says he does reviews all the time etc so I start reading(in the same way you slowly watch a baseball coming straight at your face), and he starts gushing on about how he’s never heard anything soooo good, better than any stereo or home theater setup he’s ever heard. I skimmed a little more, hit myself in the head and decided humanity has been destroyed.
In fact, for avian hour, I had to talk myself out of starting an account there, just to point out what utter, bullshit he was barfing out. In the end, swerds reminder about wrestling with turds popped in my mind. I hate people sometimes.....
And you firmly hit the nail on the head as to why the SOURCE of the review is so important. Some dude on Samsung's site saying a product is good? Pass. @shadyJ saying something Samsung makes sounds good...I'll hesitate, but I'll damn sure take it seriously.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis