Who handles factory refurbished stuff?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What do you mean "handle"? Sells or does the actual refurb process? Usually it's a brand-contracted supplier here in the US for most of the avrs (rather than an in-house operation)...Doubt speakers are truly refurbished and am not aware of a particular amp that ends up in the refurb area. The owner of A4l (accessories4less.com) has mentioned in another forum that most refurbs are just from returns to retailers and not for particular technical issues, they test them and rebox them and then have them available on their website and/or thru an outfit like A4L.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I ASSUME factory refurbished means just what says so SELLS is what I’m asking:rolleyes:,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Factories are too far away to be involved (generally in Asia),so "factory refurb" is somewhat a misnomer in most cases. A4L is the major provider of refurbs for sale I've noticed here in the US for the major brands, altho Denon and Marantz both I believe offer refurbs on their sites as well....

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I would go to Accessories4Less for a great deal of gear, but you can find refurb gear all over Amazon as well. For things like projectors, there is stuff on the manufacturer website. So, that's always a good place to check. I know Dell, for example, has their 'OUTLET' store which has a ton of PCs at hundreds off that are basically brand new models that were returned and they have to sell as 'open box' or 'refurbished'.

So, it depends on what you are looking for, but I would start at the manufacturer's website, then go from there to Amazon or A4L and see what it is you are after and if they have it available.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I picked up my Yamaha TSR-7790 over two years ago for 299.00 plus 9.99 for shipping. That unit was going for new 849.00 to date one of the best deals I made. A4L has been a good go to site for me. They do sell new and refurbished gear plus they offer extended warranties up to three years if you want. They have some killer deals on flagship AVR'S and of all other's too. I'm hoping in two months they still have that A3050 cause I will snatch it up! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis