White van speakers to avoid??

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I assume that’s what these are any others commonly sold to avoid ?
I’m not in the market for speakers right now anyways but for help of other users .
Which are white van??
5948C905-6B19-4E45-B723-420876967473.jpeg
83BC3981-BD0A-484F-9D05-9BC16A8DD2C2.jpeg
93496A05-BCC4-461F-991C-405DA6C032B5.jpeg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Those are obvious white van specials. Real junk.

Just stick with known brands and models. Don't trust any deals that are too good to be true.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Those are obvious white van specials. Real junk.

Just stick with known brands and models. Don't trust any deals that are too good to be true.
Yeah I was wondering are all white vans like this ? Yeah I’d stick to regular gear .

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
In the late 80's I actually had an interview with a "speaker company"
Went to a warehouse in an industrial park...there were speaker boxes stacked to the ceilings, and sure enough...about 10 white vans.
I was already an audio salesman at the time. Before the interview even started, I took a look at some of the speakers that were lying about out of the boxes.
The manager came up to me and asked me to come in in office...I just walked out.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I remember the white van guys going back to mid-late 70's. I wonder if the 'salesmen" went on to become driveway sealers.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
All of them are junk. No exceptions.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Unfortunately there food for the gullible, A young bloke up my way , asked me to hear his new system. He thought it was simply wonderful, Sure enough it was a White Van special, Speakers, amp, spinner, How do you tell someone his system is crap. I just said "very nice" and left.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Unfortunately there food for the gullible, A young bloke up my way , asked me to hear his new system. He thought it was simply wonderful, Sure enough it was a White Van special, Speakers, amp, spinner, How do you tell someone his system is crap. I just said "very nice" and left.
Ouch probably won’t be long til he realizes it’s white van garbage?? Don’t some of the tweets not even work , and they always got big fake woofers in the side . Bose cubes are bad but white van are even worse .

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
I assume that’s what these are any others commonly sold to avoid ?
StereoNet forum maintain a list:

Arguably more insidious are Chinese counterfeit speakers sold through seemingly legitimate outfits, often at claimed deep discounts. For example, these B&W 800 series lookalikes: https://www.capitalsound.ca/music-note-grand-symphony-loudspeaker-walnut.

...are actually a re-branded version these:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The obvious markets of scam speakers:
1. White van
2. "Digital" stickers on the box or cabinet
3. See #1

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Unfortunately the Chinese have zero regard for our copy write laws,or design patents when it comes to forging products. And really audio gear is simply the tip of an ever growing iceberg High end watches are a prime example, of the fake product industry.

It really comes down to the importer and sales side of things, If things can be proven to be fakes, state and federal laws should enact to legislate and confiscate the product. But that will never happen , there far more interested in collecting import tax's

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis