WHICH Subwoofer would YOU buy IF...??

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for that ordering tip Chris. Curious to know what their Dual Empire subs coming soon have to offer and the price on it before I rush in. Lets see if they respond to my email and give me some info on it. I'm sure it's got to be better in tech than just 2 standalone Empires one would think.....hmmm. :cool:
its just 2 empires, and the price is on the website you just order it as a dual and you get 2 it isnt a new sub. the empire is a dual 15" driver sub though on its own. just call them and place an order they will explain it they are great there and will be glad to help you in any way they can

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
i've got a feeling ... your commercial sub is a gotham :eek::cool:

have i told you lately that i hate you? :D

I wish I had a Gotham or 5 - that would just mean I would have the money for em, and truly don't have to give a cr@p about how I spend it either...

They truly are extremely pleasing to the eyes... Plus they really pound..

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Warp, will you adopt me? :D

Oh yeah, OP...I have a 7500'^3 room and two SVS PB12-Plusses. T'ain't near enough. :(
I am committed to the no more children - ahhh EVER !!

I had the Dual - Plus/2's in there, even added a 3rd Plus.... pretty darn great output with those, just wanted to go in a different direction.

J

jzac

Audioholic
its just 2 empires, and the price is on the website you just order it as a dual and you get 2 it isnt a new sub. the empire is a dual 15" driver sub though on its own. just call them and place an order they will explain it they are great there and will be glad to help you in any way they can
Cool, thanks! I'll reach out to them today and hear what they have to say. Just curious to find out how is this tech compared to a DSP-controlled sub like a Velodyne or Paradigm? Would this Epik be better for the price? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
if you are using the sub woofer output on your AVR or pre/pro , donth they already have a DSP in them?

J

jzac

Audioholic
if you are using the sub woofer output on your AVR or pre/pro , donth they already have a DSP in them?
I think with DSP subs you don't get the peaks and dips that traditional subs do, they are smoother and flatter, and they cannot be overridden? I don't know if any pre/pros can do the same thing with a non-DSP sub, can it? I hope my 4810 can. :) I read some place that DSP subs do perform very well, but does it out run the regular Joes when you compare price-to-performance? I don't know that......maybe some of you sub experts who know this can shine more light?:confused:

Thx!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis