R

RJC

Junior Audioholic
For a small hometheatre setup, which sub would be the best choice...M&K KX-10, Def Tech supercubeIII, or HSU STF-1. I know HSU probably offers the best value, but which sub will provide the highest performance for movies and music?

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
Have you given any thought to the SVS PB10-isd??? I just got this and it is AWESOME :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
RJC;

you should also consider the Rocket ULW-10 with auto parametric room correction. This is a great sub for the price and size.

Rocket ULW-10 Review

R

RJC

Junior Audioholic
edwelly said:
Have you given any thought to the SVS PB10-isd??? I just got this and it is AWESOME :D
The SVS is too big. The Rocket ULW-10 seems like a decent fit for my setup but the problem is that I live in Canada and with the exchange rate, cost of shipping, duty taxes, etc. , the cost can really escalate. I can get really good deals on the other subs that I mentioned locally. Thanks for your input though, and any other advice would be appreciated.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Go Hsu then. People here say (that own it) that it makes noise at 25hz, which is very good for an 8inch. PM Jaxvon if you have any detailed questions about it, hes owns one, and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer.

is the STF-1 the only sub your considering from Hsu?

SheepStar

Last edited:
R

RJC

Junior Audioholic
Sheep said:
Go Hsu then. People here say (that own it) that is makes noise at 25hz, which is very good for an 8inch. PM Jaxvon if you have any detailed questions about it, hes owns one, and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer.

is the STF-1 the only sub your consideringfrom Hsu?

SheepStar
I would consider other subs from Hsu depending on the cost and size. The reason I mentioned the STF-1 along with the M&K KX-10 and Def Tech supercube is that I wanted to compare apples with apples. Hardly fair to compare the larger Hsu's with those smaller subs. Having said that, I think I'll have a closer look at the Hsu line. If the performance is that much better, maybe I can get rid of an end table to make space. Thanks!

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
where in canada do you live. maybe you could ship the rocket sub to a city on the

border to a fellow audiophiles house and then just drive over to get it. open the box and look at it and then just drive it over the border. Once the box is open it is not new for customs. Have the person in the usa write a sale bill that he sold it to you used and you are set to go back over the border.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
rikmeister said:
border to a fellow audiophiles house and then just drive over to get it. open the box and look at it and then just drive it over the border. Once the box is open it is not new for customs. Have the person in the usa write a sale bill that he sold it to you used and you are set to go back over the border.
.....aaahh.....

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
rikmeister said:
That is some advice that might be best given in a PM ;)

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
race4aliving said:
That is some advice that might be best given in a PM ;)
Hell that kind of advice should be put on a sticky...:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis