Which sub: B&W ASW300 vs PSB SubSeries 1

C

coolioo

Enthusiast
Hello.
I'm getting myself my first home theatre package and now i'm looking for a sub.
I have to choose only between 2 subs, as my local dealer can't bring others.
Could you please help me to choose between PSB SubSeries 1 and B&W ASW300 sub?
The price of B&W sub is +$100 higher than the price of PSB sub. Does the money difference worth? I'm mostly interested on a clean , musical bass.

C

coolioo

Enthusiast
The merchant announced me that they will soon bring Dali Concept SUB in the same price range. So, now the comparison is like this:
B&W ASW300 vs Dali Concept Sub vs PSB SubSeries 1

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
What's your budget for a sub? I would imagine you could do better for your money by looking internet direct (SVS, Axiom, Hsu, Epik, etc) than any of those brands. When I bought my Dali's, the dealer flat out told me to NOT get a Dali sub b/c I wouldn't be happy with it. The gist of what I have heard is that European companies' subs generally don't go as low and loud as American ones b/c of smaller, closer together living spaces and the noise "pollution" between them. Here in the states, we've got a little more room which allows us a little more volume before disturbing the neighbors.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Hello.
I'm getting myself my first home theatre package and now i'm looking for a sub.
I'm mostly interested on a clean , musical bass.
Which do you perfer? Low extension for ht or good mid bass?

Last edited:
Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I would love to know how much your sub budget is, as Hsu Research, Epik, SVS, and other sub makers sell direct on the internet, no middleman, and you get more for your money. Please consider these options.

C

coolioo

Enthusiast
I leave in Eastern Europe - Romania, and here we don't have resellers for the US subs

C

captgeek

Audiophyte
I would suggest that you go ahead with B&W with your eyes closed. You can't go wrong with B&W!
Let me know which one was it finally :)

F

friva345

Audiophyte
I had such a hard time with subs til i found a Klipsch KPT-684 Professional Cinema. It has 2 18" woofers that i power with 2 adcom GFA-555 bridged at 600RMS per sub. I have never heard anything like it. Not even at the local high end a/v store where they have 4 subs running simultaneously. These klipsch are insane (It's huge too). They put out 130dbs continous.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis