Which speaker for Rear Surround and Where to put them for 5.1.2 NHT Super Zero vs Boston A25 vs Polk S15?

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Hello everyone. My current setup is :
Denon x3300W
Wharfedale Diamond 230 LR
Wharfedale Diamond 220 C
Wharfedale Diamond DFS Rear Surround
SVS Prime Elevation Heights
Emotiva Bas X S10
My Room 13 x 15 x 11 feet ( w x l x h)
MLP is about 4 ft in front of rear wall
Have attached some pics.
Now, coming to my first question--
After going through several forums, I have decided to replace my Wharfedale Diamond DFS with Bookshelf speakers and also re-position the new speakers. I believe this will bring my setup closer to the recommended settings for Dolby Atmos.
As per my budget limit and availability in India, I have shortlisted :
NHT Super Zero 2.1
Boston Accoustics A 25
Polk Audio s 15

So which one should I go with? Any other suggestions are also welcome...

Also, I need advice on where best to put the new speakers. In the last pic I have marked the position where I plan to bring down the new rear speakers to.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

djembeman

djembeman

Enthusiast
Hello,

I'm new here, been in the home theater game since 2013 when I bought my house and rebuilt my basement Family/Home Theater Room. I just finally upgraded my AV Receiver to an Onkyo TX-RZ830 (unfortunately returning it) so that I could add 2 height channels to my 7.1 surround sound system. I am planning of buying a Denon AVR-X4400H based on reviews online.

I purchased the NHT SuperZero 2.1 speakers. On Amazon available in the US. They were $60 per speaker and are very much worth the price. I used mine for my front height channels and they do an excellent job. They would be passable in a small room or desk as Left/Center/Right speakers. I tested them in my secondary upstairs living room as main left and right speakers and really enjoyed listening to them. I just felt like they couldn't get as loud as I wanted in that room, in that situation. They are perfect for satellite/surround type speakers. I also got the Omni-mount ceiling/wall mounts that they recommend. I had to use my own drywall anchors though. The ones that came in the package did not tighten down securely.

I am sorry that I don't have experience with the other 2 speakers you listed.

Good Luck!

Attachments

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Thanks.

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Thats a nice setup you have there.