Which screen material?

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I’m looking at purchasing an Elite Cinetension2 screen for my theater room. So far it seems they are the best deal for a first-time buyer. Anyway, I am wondering what folks think regarding what screen material I should get? I have a Mitsubishi HC1500 on the way and it will be ceiling mounted at about 13’ – 15’ from the screen. The room is pretty much light controlled. I am thinking I want either 106” OR 120”. I will use this for movies and games but will also host sporting events there which will introduce some ambient light. My question: Do I buy the CineGrey material or the Matte White material? The white seems like a good all around solution but I wonder if having the grey would enhance the blacks noticeably and give the picture some extra umph? The HC1500 is supposed to be pretty bright so I would imagine that brightness on the grey screen wouldn’t be an issue. Any guidance would be helpful!

Thanks!

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The screen gains aren’t that different, Grey because you’ll have ambient light at times and 106” because of mounting distance.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I'm already leaning toward 106 because of the distance. I plan on projecting it up on the wall and watching a movie in 106 and then watch it in 120 to see which I feel better with. I don't want to "wish" I had gone bigger.

Thanks for the reply AVRat. I was thinking the same thing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis