Which projection screen

F

fuzzed

Audiophyte
goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
I've used and enjoyed manual and electric screens. The electric, with a remote, is more convenient, and I doubt if reliability of the electric motor is of any concern.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There should be some reliability concern with electric motors on cheap screens. Likewise, there is the question of why you are spending more to have that convenience factor with zero (and I mean zero) improvement to the quality of the screen.

Within 1-2 years all non-tensioned screens (manual and electric) will develop waves across the material. This causes visible distortion to the image on screen. I just think it makes much more sense to get a manual screen... a cheap one! Then save up and if you must have an electric screen, get a tab-tensioned electric screen. Those will go for years, even decades, and provide a nice flat projection image.

Always best is a fixed frame screen if you can work it in your space.

D

Dorita Franklyn

Enthusiast
I'm glad I found this thread....my husband has been wanting to get a projector and screen for quite sometime now and I tried to tell him I doubt picking any old random screen is a good idea now I can show him this. He'll appreciate the thread comments and knowledge/information shared here.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Why 2.35? What projector are you using? What's your room size like? I need you to convince me that 2.35 makes sense to you. But, Carada makes some excellent screens, and offers any size you want in a fixed frame screen. Plan to spend if you want electric.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You should really check the dates of what you are responding to. Half a decade later, I imagine he's figured out exactly what screen it is he should be using.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis