A

Ascension

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>First of all, I would like to say that you guys have a very nice website that is very informative and interesting to read.  I have a Yamaha rxv-596 and it's about time for me to upgrade.  I've been looking at the new Yamaha rxv-1400 and rxv-2400.  Whatever one I buy, I will probably be adding an amp down the road.  My speakers consist of (please don't throw sarcasms at me) booze 301, VCS10, &amp; 161's(which I will be upgrading to Axioms down the road).  My question is would it matter much if I was going to get the 1400 over the 2400 sacrificing 10 watts a channel and a couple DSP fields since I will probably add an amp in the long run?  Also, what amps would go nicely w/ the receiver?  Keep up the good work on the site!</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>IMHO the only thing you need to do first is get rid of the booze speakers, they are the weakest link in your system. Use the money for good speakers and a seperate amp and see your system sing.

For external amps you can find the now discontinued Yamaha MX-1000/MX-1/MX-2/MX-830/MX-1000 at a great bargain on e-bay, the MX-1000 has been reviewed favorably by other forum members, you can also check out amps from Rotel, Bryston, B&amp;K, Denon etc.

Do your receiver upgrade last when you have a good chance of getting the RXV-2400 at a good price.</font>

<font color='#000080'>I'd have to agree - in fact, I wouldn't worry about amps either until your speakers are matched and upgraded.

Unless you absolutely have to have DPL II immediately, there's no reason to touch your receiver right now.</font>

A

Ascension

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hey, thank you guys for your help. &nbsp;I appreciate the advice on how to do this upgrading. &nbsp;Thank you.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Ascension

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I had something come up to where I won't beable to afford the Epic 80 Axioms. &nbsp;So I am looking for something a little cheaper. &nbsp;What is your guys impression on M22ti compared to the Pinnacle Classic Gold Reference. &nbsp;I know there is a bit of price difference between the two, but I need some guidance on rebuilding my system. &nbsp;Should I go the Pinnacle route or the Axiom Route. &nbsp;I live in a small town where our only A/V dealer only carries booze and Boston Acoustics,( which the Bostons were really expensive ) so I can't really listen to the Axioms and Pinnacles without traveling 10 hours roundtrip.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Add Yamaha's NS-555/777 to your list, they are a really good value and BB as well as Tweeters sells them. Give them an audition.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis