Which is worth the price and sound quality - Martin Logan 20 Or KEF Q550

K

Kaz123

Audiophyte
B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Hi

I found Martin Logan 20 and KEF Q550 at similar price at Crutchfield. Which speaker is good in terms of sound quality. I own a KEF bookshelf but don’t know about Martin Logan. Which one do you guys vote for as front floor standers ?

Comparsion link : https://www.crutchfield.com/S-fpRw4ugcGSJ/compare_839MO20GB_991Q550B/MartinLogan-Motion-20-vs-KEF-Q550.html

I haven’t auditioned Martin Logan so don’t know whether they are smoother or harsh on high frequency.
ML is very smooth and at that price very reasonable. They are normally overpriced IMO. I’ve never heard KEF. The ML is too smooth for my taste, but they are very easy to listen to.

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Hi

I found Martin Logan 20 and KEF Q550 at similar price at Crutchfield. Which speaker is good in terms of sound quality. I own a KEF bookshelf but don’t know about Martin Logan. Which one do you guys vote for as front floor standers ?

Comparsion link : https://www.crutchfield.com/S-fpRw4ugcGSJ/compare_839MO20GB_991Q550B/MartinLogan-Motion-20-vs-KEF-Q550.html

I haven’t auditioned Martin Logan so don’t know whether they are smoother or harsh on high frequency.
At that price range, you may also want to look at Focal Chorus 716 line , Crutchfield has them too. I have the Chorus 8** series in my HT and like them for music as well.

MarcG

MarcG

Junior Audioholic
The Q550's have limitations in full range with bass heavy music at loud volumes.

I discovered this with my Q750 but crossed over with a subwoofer it's not an issue(they can be pushed to ear bleeding levels with a sub).

The problem with bass heavy (extreme) songs is the uni-q will "chuff" between the woofer/tweeter since the UNI-Q is sealed within the cabinet air has no where else to move.

a part from this minor issue(which never happens in 99% of situations) I love them :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis