N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
Forgive me for asking something that might be obvious to most of you but please understand that I am a retired GP and rather green with Bluetooth technology and such. I think that I have made a mistake in my choice of wireless headphones and need to change the order. Let me explain.
  • We DO NOT do any Gaming.
  • We DO NOT intend to use the headphones while travelling etc.
  • We DO listen to a lot of music and in my case this may include heavy metal bands like Iron Maiden.
  • We DO watch a lot of movies and as I am a sci-fi movie fan, this often in quite loud.
I have splurged out on 2 complete Home Cinema systems in the Master Bedroom and Lounge respectively and also have a 'listening' room in the converted loft room of our Duplex Flat. The items are on order and will only be installed after X-mas when we actually complete the move. The House Rules at the apartment block specify as their #1 rule that we should not neighbours with loud music or TV. That is the reason that I went to great lengths to reduce subwoofer vibes (sorted) and get headphones.

Considering the requirements mentioned above, I don't think we need noise cancelling bluetooth headphones like JBL 650BTNC; I think we need non-bluetooth wireless headphones with a transmitter like Sennheiser RS175. Please correct me if I am wrong and advice me on what to choose.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Forgive me for asking something that might be obvious to most of you but please understand that I am a retired GP and rather green with Bluetooth technology and such. I think that I have made a mistake in my choice of wireless headphones and need to change the order. Let me explain.
  • We DO NOT do any Gaming.
  • We DO NOT intend to use the headphones while travelling etc.
  • We DO listen to a lot of music and in my case this may include heavy metal bands like Iron Maiden.
  • We DO watch a lot of movies and as I am a sci-fi movie fan, this often in quite loud.
I have splurged out on 2 complete Home Cinema systems in the Master Bedroom and Lounge respectively and also have a 'listening' room in the converted loft room of our Duplex Flat. The items are on order and will only be installed after X-mas when we actually complete the move. The House Rules at the apartment block specify as their #1 rule that we should not neighbours with loud music or TV. That is the reason that I went to great lengths to reduce subwoofer vibes (sorted) and get headphones.

Considering the requirements mentioned above, I don't think we need noise cancelling bluetooth headphones like JBL 650BTNC; I think we need non-bluetooth wireless headphones with a transmitter like Sennheiser RS175. Please correct me if I am wrong and advice me on what to choose.
For your application and the info you provided, I tend to agree that those Senns look like a good choice.

If you do have BT headphones, you need to be sure something in your signal chain can transmit the BT signal.

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
For your application and the info you provided, I tend to agree that those Senns look like a good choice.

If you do have BT headphones, you need to be sure something in your signal chain can transmit the BT signal.
Yes the Samsung HW-Q90R does have bluetooth capacity. But the question is, since we intend to use those headphones indoors only to listen to music and movies without disturbing others, do we need bluetooth phones just because it is there?

I am going to keep the Sennheiser RS175 on order; If I cancel the JBL 650 BT, should I get another Senn or similar (I mean non-BT, using a transmitter). Both of us are likely to need it (wife might want to watch a movie in the bedroom while I want to listen to music in the lounge) and as I said, the House rules are quite strict about noise disturbance. We don't want to offend anyone.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
For the price point those Senn are most likely the best choice.

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
Thanks again, but as mentioned above we need a second pair of wireless headphones and there is the rub. Should I opt for another Senn or get a bluetooth one?

Also, I am struggling to understand this Bluetooth 'pairing' business. If a pair of JBL Live 650NBTNC bluetooth headphones are paired with a Bluetooth capable Samsung Q90R Soundbar into which everything is plugged in, does ALL audio coming through the soundbar - Sky, BD player, CD music, Netflix etc - work with the headphones?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis