C

carlo mencucci

Audiophyte
In Your Opinion which HDMI scaler company is better? Blackbox AVSC-VIDEO-HDMI. Composite input and stereo audio to HDMI with embedded audio. Or Gefen GTV-COMPSVID-2-HDMIS. S-video, composite input and stereo audio to HDMI with embedded audio. They are both in about the same $200 price range. I have a Pioneer PRV-9000 DVD recorder that the component output no longer works but the s-video and composite outputs work perfect. I would like to continue to use this deck with my TV that has only a component and HDMI input.
Thank You.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
How about more information on your setup and goal?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you considered a used avr that can do the upconversion and provide you with the ability to use external speakers at the same time? IIRC quite a few units could do well enough so depending on availability and a little research of a model's manual....

C

carlo mencucci

Audiophyte
I have a Pioneer PRV-9000 DVD recorder that has a good S-video and composite output. The component output does not work. I need to convert the S-video or the composite output to HDMI with embedded audio because the TV I am using has only a component and a HDMI input. I have found the Blackbox AVSC-VIDEO-HDMI. Composite input and stereo audio to HDMI with embedded audio. Or Gefen GTV-COMPSVID-2-HDMIS. S-video, composite input and stereo audio to HDMI with embedded audio. I'm simply asking if anybody has used or have heard anything about these two companies products and what anybody thinks about them.
Thank you,
Carlo

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis