Which brand of HDMI cables?

J

JuanBosely

Audiophyte
I recently purchased a Toshiba 46" DLP television and a Toshiba S97 DVD player, both of which are on their way here. The next purchase is the HDMI cables to connect the two and I actually just made that purchase online a few minutes ago, but now I am having doubts.
I figured I would come here for some advice on which cables to purchase and I cam across a couple of sponsors here on this website. I figured that if they are sponsored here then they must be recomemded.
The companies I had to choose from were Impact Acoustics and Ram Electronics. I was looking for a short (1m) HDMI cable and I decided to make my selection based on price. However after actaully reading about the Impact Acoustics cable it just sounded so much better, especially for it being only $10 more. You can compare the two here:
http://www.impactacoustics.com/product.asp?cat_id=2605&sku=40278
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI-hdmi_cables.html "RAM's new Rev2 "High End" HDMI Cables"

Impact Acoustics summary of their product is just so much more comprehensive that it makes me think that the Ram Electronics doesn't have nearly the amount of features that would allow it be capable of providing as good of a picture.
Did I make a mistake with my purchase? Should I cancel my order and get the Impact Acoustics? Is there really going to be a difference? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

E

ebough

Junior Audioholic
These are digital transmission cables. Do you really think there is substantial difference in their ability to transmit 1s and 0s? At least you didn't buy cables that cost $50 more (ie Monster). Most of these descriptions are just so much hype to get you to pay more. Sorry.

S

SacKen

Enthusiast
ebough is right... As long as they aren't so shoddy that basic communication of ones and zeros fails, they will all work just fine.

I personally bought mine from bluejeanscable.com (a site heavily recommended by the fine folks on this forum). It cost me significantly less than others I looked at and works great. Including the price of shipping, the HDMI cable and 2 digital audio coax cables, all 6-feet, TOTAL were LESS than the HDMI alone from one of the widely known name brands. (about $70 total vs $100 just for the monster HDMI alone!)

And I ordered the stuff on a SATURDAY AFTERNOON and they were on my doorstep by the time I got home from work on Monday... now that is service that makes internet commerce viable... :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis