Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 155 22.1%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 156 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 80 11.4%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
P

PewterTA

Audiophyte
I have to say I think I've heard every single speaker in this thread... maybe one or two I haven't heard.

In the end for my money I ended on the B&W 802Di as the best sound vs. cost. Course I think there's some amazing DIY that can be built too.

I really can no complain about the sound quality you get from B&W products. Are they the best out there... well no, but not many other brands create as neutral of a sound as they do. All the other ones in the list, in my opinion all have a "sound" to them... it's their branding. Which many people like and there's not a single problem with that. There is a problem in my opinion though that a loudspeaker should not add nor take away anything from the sound. Course I can say that this think goes along with the Source, Pre, Amp, cables, etc.... To get as close as possible to the actual recorded sound has been my goal and Bowers and Wilkins 802Di's have given me that point of contentment as they can reproduce exactly what type of sound something was recorded like. Plus the amount of details is stunning in and of itself.

Are there better out there, of course, Wilson, Focal, Acapella, Avantegarde and others produce some AMAZING loud speakers/horns... and they are better...but at a lot of those costs the value point changes.

Plus really, isn't it all subjective... there's really no winner here... One likes what one likes!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I was shocked seeing Paradigm got so many votes. No wonder I almost bought the S6 or 8. Good to see B&W doing not too bad though, as we all know they won't get any votes from our DIY friends around here.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was shocked seeing Paradigm got so many votes. No wonder I almost bought the S6 or 8. Good to see B&W doing not too bad though, as we all know they won't get any votes from our DIY friends around here.:D
It seems like Paradigm and B&W win easily.

It would have been interesting to see how many votes the Salk/Phil, Ascend, DefTech, & KEF get. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I think Adyton is high on the list, they're among very few speakers that can present a symphony orchestra at a proper level with realistic dynamic scale

But apart from the latter one they all need twin subs, as they only go down to around 80 Hz....

Adyton Loudspeakers

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't know what's the best. The best I have heard is no longer made. It's the JBL 4435. I could not afford them when offered by JBL but I'm thinking I may be able to afford a used pair if a pair should come up on ebay. At any rate, I'm satisfied with my JBL L100t3's, very satisfied.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
thiel

(adding text to get to at least 10 characters so I can post!)

also like KEF

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ridikas

Banned
I personally think Dynaudio makes the best speakers in the world.

D

dgkirkman

Enthusiast
Definitive Technology ;;; especially coupled with Velodyne subs

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, Paradigm is leaving everyone in the dust. :eek:

It's a landslide. Not even close. :D

Last edited:
D

Dentdog

Audiophyte
I'm looking into a pair of Salon 2s but can't find any to audition around Atlanta. Looking over the market there seems to be a lot of great choices. BTW, this is my first post but I'm enjoying reading, pretty informative.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
that has to mean their the best so hurry and sell those underachieving speakers you have :D
Well, B&W is second, so that's probably good enough for me. I don't need the best. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm looking into a pair of Salon 2s but can't find any to audition around Atlanta. Looking over the market there seems to be a lot of great choices. BTW, this is my first post but I'm enjoying reading, pretty informative.
I think Studio2 might be easier to locate. Just think the Salon2 as a little better. :D

V

vidop

Audiophyte
I've only glanced over this thread. My question is-how about Vandersteen? Sorry if this has already been asked.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis