C

cameron paterson

Senior Audioholic
Would this Sony 4k have noticeably better sound with movies and music over the Sony UBP X800? I tried the Panasonic UB420 and the Sony sounded much better than the Panny with music especially! Only want this Sony if it will have better sound...

M

Movie2099

Senior Audioholic
Would this Sony 4k have noticeably better sound with movies and music over the Sony UBP X800? I tried the Panasonic UB420 and the Sony sounded much better than the Panny with music especially! Only want this Sony if it will have better sound...
The Sony 1100ES will have more features. Not sure it will necessarily "sound" better. What kind of sound improvement are you looking for? Is this for movies? music?

C

cameron paterson

Senior Audioholic
The sound was more crisp and authorative and better kick coming from the front speakers

C

cameron paterson

Senior Audioholic
No theyre plugged into the AVR. I only tested the sound with music and the Sony blows away the Panny!

M

Movie2099

Senior Audioholic
No theyre plugged into the AVR. I only tested the sound with music and the Sony blows away the Panny!
Panasonic has been known to have a better picture than the Sony's. Can't speak to the sound. But if the sound is going through your AVR and being processed into whatever sound codec you choose, then it really shouldn't matter. I would not think one "blows away" the other in sound performance.

Gmoney

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sonys 4K X700 sounds great! to me anyways for music CD and Movies also.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis