Which 34" widescreen?

R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
Can someone recommend a good 34" widescreen HDTV? Some that I have looked at include Phillips 34PW8502, Toshiba 34HF83, Panasonic CT34WX54, and Sony KV34HS420.

cam

cam

Audioholic
rack04 said:
Can someone recommend a good 34" widescreen HDTV? Some that I have looked at include Phillips 34PW8502, Toshiba 34HF83, Panasonic CT34WX54, and Sony KV34HS420.
JVC now has one that apparently up converts 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i all to 1500i what ever the hell that is. If 1500i ends up being an improvement whats next 1500000i. Check it out and let us know.

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
Hdtv

I purchased the Panasonic set, and for what I paid, I am quite happy. Friends that come over are absolutely amazed with the color brighness and clarity when watching HDTV sources. That said, I did have initial problems with the set, which put it out of commission for last year's world series, but since being repaired at no cost to me, it has worked flawlessly. You can find it on line for a considerable savings over the Sony....

Pat

M

MarkOcena

Audioholic Intern
Quick Comparison

I have seen the previous year's Samsung 30" widescreen, Panasonic 30" CT-30WX54, and Sony 30" KV30HS420 side by side, connected with coax cable from a satellite source. Hands down, the Panasonic is the best at displaying this non-HD source. It provide a clearer rescaling of the picture to fill the screen compared to the others, which show quite a bit of noise and distortion that the Panasonic doesn't show. Haven't yet been able yet to compare these with HD source. 34" models neither. Just to note though, the Panasonic CT-34WX53 (last year's model) is worse with non-HD than the current one. They must of upgraded the scaler inside... now I remember, they're calling it the p^3 chip. It's on all they're TV's now.

Mark

U

Unregistered

Recently released Sony 34-XBR960 with super fine pitch CRT blows everything else out of the water. Hands down. No question. Check it out first before you buy any of the others.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis