Where's all the Country people at in this place?

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am not at all ashamed to say it. I love country music :D

And Taylor Swift but thats another story :p

I know Im not alone! Who's your favorite country artist/song?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I would certainly not call myself a country fan, but there are a few that I like. I love Emmylou Harris, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, and Jim Stafford. Kenny Rogers has some good songs, as does Garth Brooks. When he sticks to instrumentals, Ricky Skaggs is great.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I enjoy the more upbeat, rock-type country music out there. The old school country just isn't my thing. There are a number of different songs that I've heard that I enjoyed. I'd never heard of Taylor Swift, so I just looked her up - pretty easy on the eyes. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
We like both kinds of music here Country and Western.:rolleyes::D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I've never been a country music fan. But as of lately I have found that I do like some of it.

Rascal Flatts
Brooks and Dunn
Kenny Chesney
Carrie Underwood
Sugarland (I'm really digging Jennifer Nettles from Sugerland)
LeAnn Rimes
Sara Evans
Kellie Pickler (I'm in Love)

Just to name a few

T

Trem

Audiophyte
Some I like - Alt country really

Ryan Adams 'Heartbeaker' & 'Gold'
Calexico
Iron & Wine
Drive by Truckers
Townes Van Zandt (counrty folk)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja

Calexico
Iron & Wine
Drive by Truckers
I enjoy listening to Calexico, Iron & Wine, and Drive By Truckers. By no stretch of the imagination, however, would I call any of them "country".

J

jamie2112

Banned

Calexico
Iron & Wine
Drive by Truckers
Yes this is Alt country. Wilco ,Lucinda Williams, Allison Krauss

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I enjoy the more upbeat, rock-type country music out there. The old school country just isn't my thing.

Thats pretty much how I am. It seems to me like everyone is programmed to not like country music from birth or something, But once you start listening to it, then its like wow this is actually pretty good!

Right now my favorites are Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Josh Turner, Tim Mcgraw just to name a few. I went and saw Sugarland in concert back in may and that was fun. It was a bit dissapointing because for a few minutes it was in the pouring rain (I was, Jennifer and Kristian werent) and they kind of sang the songs just like the albumn. But I do really like just about every track on their first and second cd and I'm working on the third. And I saw Kenny Chesney in concert with pat green and gretchen wilson. That was pretty cool. He's another one of my favorites.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I like some country, but more country influenced stuff...

Zakk Wylde's Pride & Glory is an awesome CD:

this Cash tune was good:

I liked Johnny Cash's version of Nine Inch Nail's "Hurt" too... but that's not really country.

I like Hank, Jr. too

I saw David Allan Coe a few years back, that was a riot

...he needs to lay off the whiskey though

...this thread also reminded me of Zakk Wylde's national anthem versions, which should be the official one they are so sick

Last edited by a moderator:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
We have a ton of country music, mostly new stuff like what Steven listed. I would almost bet that you couldn't walk into the bedroom and hear anything besides country on "her" system.

I am more into Jazz and some Blues.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This is one genre I could never get into as well as 99.9% of rap music. I can't get into a lot of themes in the music, for example, songs about getting BBQ stains on my white t-shirt:rolleyes:.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I listen to death metal and country, haha, so I get picked on from both sides.

My favorites:
George Strait
Keith Whitley
Brad Paisley (old stuff)
Alan Jackson
Jason Aldean
Brooks & Dunn

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I listen to death metal and country, haha, so I get picked on from both sides.
I am really into hardcore metal:), but lately I have been listening to a lot of instrumental jazz:) and love it:).

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
This is one genre I could never get into as well as 99.9% of rap music. I can't get into a lot of themes of country music, for example songs about getting BBQ stains on my white t-shirt:rolleyes:.
Yeah... I can pretty much write a top charting country song in like 2 minutes. How's this about BBQ stains?

I was partying in the backyard,
with me and my dear folks,
we was making some barbeque,
and my shirt was stained real grose,
way down yonder in the bayou,
we partied all night long,
thats when I met my women,
that for today I sing this song.

Her teeth were white, her hair was blond,
she ate my barbeque sauce,
I wouldn't trade that night with her,
for anythin' in the world...

But ten years down the road she left me,
and I haven't been that lonely since,
but today I made some barbeque,
and heard her voice from that bayou summer night...

My hearts been sad and loney now,
since she left my side,
and that barbeque stain on my shirt,
reminds me of those nights.

...touching, I know.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I am really into hardcore metal:), but lately I have been listening to a lot of instrumental jazz:) and love it:).
It's nice to take a break from all the madness that is hardcore and listen to some calming material so I feel you on that.

Yeah... I can pretty much write a top charting country song in like 5 minutes. How's this about BBQ stains?
The same could be said for many genres.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
It's nice to take a break from all the madness that is hardcore and listen to some calming material so I feel you on that.

The same could be said for many genres.

No doubt, but come'on, you know you could see a bit more refined version of that on CMT. haha.

I mean, I make fun of (c)rap, but I even put (c)rap as more complex than country.

...and I listen to some of both, so I'm not really knocking either. My favorite genre, dubstep, is the easiest to pick on. You just take a hammer and beat yourself with it. So, no elitism here, I'm just sayin' ;)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Going from a song like We Are The Storm by The Dillinger Escape Plan into a nice jazz instrumental piece I find quite soothing:D. I aquired this taste of madness while attending higher education! Joe Schmoe would be proud:).

Last edited:
C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
If you guys like some mellow stuff, have you guys tried the Mushroom Jazz series? It's from a DJ in Chicago named Mark Farina... deep jazzy house music.

I tried to find some examples on youtube, but, this is call I could find...

Always well recorded stuff too. Mushroom Jazz 4 is my favorite, I have them all though. Might not be your cup of tea, but, figured I'd recommend just in case it ends up being. I have some live sets too (that of course aren't copyrighted) that I could give you guys (I actually have about a terabyte and a half of electronic music sets, so, I have just about everything haha).

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
One of my favorite Country artists is Alan Jackson. He is one of the few great singer/songwriters left in the country music genre.

Another of my favorites is Keith Whitley.

And then theres This Guy!! Who dont love him!!!

This one still brings a tear to my eyes when hear it :D

Charlie Daniels One of the Best!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis