Where to stream UHD?

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
So I was reading about movies with the best audio and hardest hitting bass, and it got me really wanting to watch a good UHD movie. I don’t own a disc player for UHD, but I understand there are ways to stream. What are you guys using? I’m concerned the audio might be crap compared to a good BD, but how does it really compare in your eyes?
I’m on the fence if I should go buy a BD or try to stream UHD for a better experience. Any input appreciated.
PS - how and where do I stream UHD?

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
So I was reading about movies with the best audio and hardest hitting bass, and it got me really wanting to watch a good UHD movie. I don’t own a disc player for UHD, but I understand there are ways to stream. What are you guys using? I’m concerned the audio might be crap compared to a good BD, but how does it really compare in your eyes?
I’m on the fence if I should go buy a BD or try to stream UHD for a better experience. Any input appreciated.
PS - how and where do I stream UHD?
Netflix Amazon Disney+ all have 4K video. Netflix has the best sound quality it’s a lossy version of Atmos but is the best Video streaming audio currently.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Get yourself a Amazon 4k firestick. Right now they are on sale for $25 because of the holiday. Amazon has no buffering issues streams all the UHD ( 4k HDR ) and all the apps you need. You can also add apps of your choice.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Firestick 4K is good but if you need Atmos over DD+ for Netflix and/or Disney +, you’ll need the Apple TV 4K.

I have both streamers since I need the Firestick 4K for Amazon Music HD.

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
Netflix Amazon Disney+ all have 4K video. Netflix has the best sound quality it’s a lossy version of Atmos but is the best Video streaming audio currently.
Right on, I see I have to upgrade the subscription first to find the UHD stuff, but of course ~every~ movie I want to watch is not on their app. Going to try out Vudu.

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
didnt see these other replies, thats a good deal on the fire stick, going to consider that. Can I plug it right into my Denon? I don’t run surround right now so no need for Atmos, just need quality 4K and audio. I might invest in a UHD player, but that’s not In the budget right now.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
didnt see these other replies, thats a good deal on the fire stick, going to consider that. Can I plug it right into my Denon? I don’t run surround right now so no need for Atmos, just need quality 4K and audio. I might invest in a UHD player, but that’s not In the budget right now.
Yes and also plug in it’s AC power plug. It supports WiFi but you might want to also buy the Ethernet adapter if you want to hard wire the internet to it.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Yes and also plug in it’s AC power plug. It supports WiFi but you might want to also buy the Ethernet adapter if you want to hard wire the internet to it.
You can also use usb cable instead of AC. I think it is called OTB cable or something like that. Amazon sells their version but you can find it for less money.

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
Sounds like a good deal thanks. Maybe I will try streaming straight from my router that would be convenient.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis