Where to put surrounds in Room (With Pic)

D

DSMCasey

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys, here is a very crude drawing I just did of the room. It is a 20' x 15' room. I would like to do 6.1, but for right now don't mind sticking to 5.1 The only problem is speaker placement. As you will see in the room it has no doors what so ever. In fact behind this room is the kitchen and there is a half wall behind the sofa (like a pass through I guess you would call it). I currently have all my stuff in there but haven't even started on the surrounds. Maybe I should get in wall surrounds? But then where should I put them.

Help!

Attachments

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
DSMcasey, how big are the surround speakers? Are they the same size as the center speakers? Give us the brand and model# of your speakers, we might be able to figure things out better.

Your room seems to be a tough cookie to handle.
Have you considered a wall installation, if the speakers are not too big?
By the way, I see your sub far away from the sofa and love seat, I like to keep my sub closer to the sitting area and feel those bass better.

Which one is Planet Neptune

Attachments

Last edited:
D

DSMCasey

Junior Audioholic
They are ADP 370 paradigms. They are about 12" so nothing crazy. Yea, the room is tough, but it is the only room I have available for "home theatre" in my home. The set-up is Paradigm Monitor 7s, ADP 370 surrounds, and a CC-370 Center. Yamaha RX-V2500 (on its way), yamaha dvd player, etc. etc. etc. etc.

-Casey

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
DSMcasey, sorry the delay, this is the best I can do considering the layout of the room I don't think you have to many choices.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis