Where to get subwoofer amps?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
With the right dsp the UM18 can do pretty descent in room around 10 to 12hz. Josh's measurements are raw IIRC, no EQ which is heavily needed. It's a shame Seaton is having some problems as he has gotten a ton out of that driver in a sealed box.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With the right dsp the UM18 can do pretty descent in room around 10 to 12hz. Josh's measurements are raw IIRC, no EQ which is heavily needed. It's a shame Seaton is having some problems as he has gotten a ton out of that driver in a sealed box.
Got a link to info on Seaton problems? Not run into such.

It would be nice to see the straight test as well as one with eq....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I know he did Jeff's subs at JTR, not sure when the collaboration ceased or if they still have arrangements.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know he did Jeff's subs at JTR, not sure when the collaboration ceased or if they still have arrangements.
What do you mean he "did" Jeff's subs? Thanks for the link on the Aussies' complaints....I remember that group buy and wondered how service issues might play out....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What do you mean he "did" Jeff's subs? Thanks for the link on the Aussies' complaints....I remember that group buy and wondered how service issues might play out....
He designed the first few early JTR subs for Jeff. The aussies seemed to have the most issues, but there were a few that chimed in here as well. I know Mark gets insanely busy with custom projects so I'm hoping that's all it is.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He designed the first few early JTR subs for Jeff. The aussies seemed to have the most issues, but there were a few that chimed in here as well. I know Mark gets insanely busy with custom projects so I'm hoping that's all it is.
I thought you had meant problems with his F18 particularly due the OPs query about the UM-18.....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I thought you had meant problems with his F18 particularly due the OPs query about the UM-18.....
Nah, the only problem with the 18s was when he bought out the stock and no one else could buy the driver for 8 months lol.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
With a mini-dsp I've tuned my UM18 to be flat down to 16 Hz in room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis