Where to buy DVDs???

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
I want to start a thread for us canadians who hunt down the best deal for the tough to find and otherwise even popular DTS versions of DVDs.

What Canadian dealers do you often find the best deals for your DVDs?
Im looking to make my collection LARGE so that extra 5 bux you save at futureshop as opposed to somewhere else will make a big difference. Used places i will also consider because I will simply inspect the shape of the DVD myself.

PLEASE HELP... Im sure this thread will help all us canadians out there whod rather try and find a deal here in canada rather then spending 10 bux USD in shipping from ebay.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Although I do not live in Canada, I often buy DVDs from dvdsoon.com which happens to be a Canadian e-tailer. They have really good pricing most the time. You might also see if Columbia House has a Canadian service. You can get a lot of DVDs C-H-E-A-P through them.

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
dvdsoon

Hey how does this dvdsoon place work. I signed up but it doesnt ask for a credit card or anything. Is their merchandise COD??

Also it ays member price is cheaper and includes shipping.
Is this the actual case or are there hidden fees. So if the movie says 20.98 member price including shipping is that what you pay?

Im assuming you give them your visa info and just pay them before you buy am i correct? This place is likely going to be my dvd source if everything runs smoothly on my first transaction. VERY good deals here everyone.

Last edited:
Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I have always used my credit card there. When I pull up DVDs the shipping is shown included in the price. A lot of times, they will have free shipping as well. The only thing bad about them for me (living in the U.S.) is the shipping takes a little longer than other e-tailers. Where you live in Canada this may be a moot point. Customer service has always been excellent and the deals at times (especially for me with the money conversions) are unbeaten.

H

hrtbeat2

Audioholic
I have a pretty big DVD collection now over 200. Is their a DVD your wanting you can't find? I also buy some from the video store in good shape. If their is something you want i can try to find it and send it(after you pay) :D

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
Dts

Mostly im just looking for all the good DTS movies. 5.1 or 6.1 ES. Im not sure if I want to collect DD or DD-ex, I may start collecting superbit. Not sure depends on if the price is right, I seldom see a superbit for under 25.

MasterChief

MasterChief

Junior Audioholic
I was also interested in collecting dts-es dvds. There freaken awesome. Rite now,i only have like 2 - 3. I usually hunt for them any were espically when on deals. superbit is kinda expensive at like 30 - 40dollars canadian.i guess buying them online would be eaiser?

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
dts-es movies

yeah buying them online is proally the best way especially if you live in the states. www.dvdsoon.com is by far the best place ive seen so far and they give you filter options that allot of sites dont such as filtering only dts or dd-ex etc. you can do this by finding a movie that is dts or dts-es in the cast you want a 6.1 dts movie and then click the 6.1 DTS button in the details at the top. it will filter all moveis with that sound format. sometimes dd-ex outranks dts for some reason but its still pretty simple to get what you want.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis