What's your happy song?

itschris

itschris

After writing the above, it occurred to me that someone might mistake my meaning, and imagine that I meant to criticize those who listen to cheerful music when they are depressed in order to get over being depressed. Far from it. If that works for you, then that is fine. I merely meant to indicate that there are those of us for whom a different approach is necessary. I apologize if there was any confusion.
No I get it. I'm actually with you on it. I think The Lion Sleeps Tonight just brings back really fond memories of my dad and my childhood and that's what's churning in the backkground of my brain and it takes me back to such a siimple time.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
After writing the above, it occurred to me that someone might mistake my meaning, and imagine that I meant to criticize those who listen to cheerful music when they are depressed in order to get over being depressed. Far from it. If that works for you, then that is fine. I merely meant to indicate that there are those of us for whom a different approach is necessary. I apologize if there was any confusion.
I'm just glad nobody said Katrina and the Waves, Walking on Sunshine. :eek:

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
strongbad, I have to partially agree. I am going to include the entire album Fashion Nugget. Then add Bloodhound Gangs The Bad Touch to the list.:D

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2vJUadjdmo

When the drop into that acapella line for the third verse.
I really like OCMS and the pre-bluegrass style. If you want to really plumb the roots, find some old recordings of Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers from back in the 1920's. OCMS is one of the groups I have heard that seems to take their sound from old "Hillbilly Music" as it was called before the invention of the somewhat more reputable Bluegrass. It's crude and often politically incorrect, being from the old unreformed South. Believe it or not, Gid shows up on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWlN1Ik86o

Last edited:
pcefrog

pcefrog

Junior Audioholic
my happy songs

Hazy Jane II - Nick Drake
Rock Superstar - Cypress Hill
L.A. Woman - the Doors

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
I find Big and Rich "Big Time" to be a happy song, I like to crank it up and attempt to sing along (preferably cranked to where you couldn't actually hear ME)

cym_city

cym_city

Junior Audioholic
I go for Dave Matthews, #41. Preferably from the "Live at Luther College" album, but I'm not picky.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
"One of My Turns" from Pink FLloyd's The Wall :p

Seriously, if I feel down, I put on some blues music and before Iknow it I feel better. I don't know why that works but I know it does. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis