What's the scoop: Anthem AVM 90???

E

Electric_Haggis

Audiophyte
Hi all.
I have a bass management question before getting an AVM70.

I'll have an unusual setup with powered studio monitors for all floor channels.
(Presonus StudioLive 315ai for fronts, Kali IN-8 for front wides)

We currently have two Presonus T10 subwoofers, and may upgrade if needed. (It's only a 5.5 x 3.5m room)

We have a pair of KRK 10-3 at the rear. (They'll double as rear surrounds and my edit-desk monitors.)
These things go loud and DEEP, and I'm wondering if I might be able to have them serve as rear Subs as well?

This would involve having the Anthem mix LFE info into the rears as well as the 2 subs.
Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi all.
I have a bass management question before getting an AVM70.

I'll have an unusual setup with powered studio monitors for all floor channels.
(Presonus StudioLive 315ai for fronts, Kali IN-8 for front wides)

We currently have two Presonus T10 subwoofers, and may upgrade if needed. (It's only a 5.5 x 3.5m room)

We have a pair of KRK 10-3 at the rear. (They'll double as rear surrounds and my edit-desk monitors.)
These things go loud and DEEP, and I'm wondering if I might be able to have them serve as rear Subs as well?

This would involve having the Anthem mix LFE info into the rears as well as the 2 subs.
Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.
You can use splitters with the sub outs.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My son-in-low got it now and he will soon be using it to replace his AV7005 that was also from me. I'll let him to know in case he wants to sell the AV7005 (may still be worth $300 I guess).

The AV8801 looks brand new actually, with original box, and all accessories. It had been used for about 4 years as I replaced it with the Denon in 2017.

By the way, didn't you have the Goldenears Trinton speakers before? How's the transition to the Personas, do you consider them a major upgrade? Just curious..
Why couldn't my father in law be into audio? All I get are cooking stuff, knives, and guns from mine. Not complaining, but I'd rather have audio stuff on the cheap. :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Please share your experience with your 70! I know there was a lot of discussion about bugs and other issues early on, but I've heard they got things dialed in for the most part, now.
I hope he will share his experience. For me, after playing around with two AVM70 I am ready to share mine, if you are still interested in the 70. For the 90, sorry that's too much money to spend on something that tends to get outdated enough to update every 5-7 years, though I did have the opportunity to listen to one in the dealer's demo room.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I hope he will share his experience. For me, after playing around with two AVM70 I am ready to share mine, if you are still interested in the 70. For the 90, sorry that's too much money to spend on something that tends to get outdated enough to update every 5-7 years, though I did have the opportunity to listen to one in the dealer's demo room.
I’ve been seeing your posts over on the asr thread, but would be nice to see a summation here! :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I’ve been seeing your posts over on the asr thread, but would be nice to see a summation here! :)
I am going to to start a separate thread; and will probably do it piecemeal to avoid a long post.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
…For me, after playing around with two AVM70 I am ready to share mine…
Two? That seems like an attention grabber. What, one wasn’t enough? :D

For the AVM90, sorry that's too much money to spend on something that tends to get outdated enough to update every 5-7 years, though I did have the opportunity to listen to one in the dealer's demo room.
Well, you auditioning the components is worth more than many people having the same components in their houses. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Went through the joy of having my Samsung 980 PRO M.2 Drive fail on my PC. At least everything is backed up so I didn't have to reinvent the wheel. Needless to say I am using WD Drives moving forward.

Now that I am back up and running, I have a love/hate relationship with my AVM70 Right Now.
  • HDMI Pass Through does not work well with my Apple TV as others have mentioned
  • ARC Genesis is great when you can dial it in, though it has taken multiple attempts, granted user error was involved more times that not. Subs are a big headache for me.
  • Is does sound great, just takes a lot of trial and error and more trial. I blame myself for part of the problem. I should dig deeper into learning ARC
  • I can state that 4k/120 gaming works great on XBSX and PS5.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Samsung 980 PRO M.2 Drive fail on my PC. At least everything is backed up so I didn't have to reinvent the wheel. Needless to say I am using WD Drives moving forward.
I have repeatedly been told that Samsung's SSDs are the most stable on the market. Not that WD is a bad choice. ;)

Do you know what happened with your 980 Pro? How old was it?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have repeatedly been told that Samsung's SSDs are the most stable on the market. Not that WD is a bad choice. ;)

Do you know what happened with your 980 Pro? How old was it?
There was as specific firmware that had a bug that would render the drive read only. I've got the same SSD in my PS5 and it didn't have the firmware with the bug so I'm good.

I'm not a fan of Samsung products, but they do make good hardware. Just not firmware/software.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis