What's the Matter with HDMI?

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not familiar with that color coding convention but the electricity doesn't know what color the wires are. Ironically, ethernet only uses 4 of the 8 conductors of the CAT5 cable so as long as you connect the same wires to the correct pins on both ends of the cable it would work inside the home for ethernet.

For higher speeds, like Gigabit ethernet, you need all 8 conductors so I don't see how that cable could possibly be used to even get the signal to the house in the first place.

D

davo

Full Audioholic
Soooo, any word on those beldon moulded pair hdmi cables?

Because we're all going to need them soon.

K

KurtBJC

Audioholic
Soooo, any word on those beldon moulded pair hdmi cables?
We've had a minor production issue arise, which is slowing things down a bit, so at the moment I don't have a firm ship date; we were expecting our container to leave Hong Kong on the 10th, but now don't know just when it'll go. Once it does, we're about four weeks out (3 to get across the ocean, 1 to clear customs). I would still expect to have these on hand before the end of July.

Kurt

needaglock

needaglock

Enthusiast
We've had a minor production issue arise, which is slowing things down a bit, so at the moment I don't have a firm ship date; we were expecting our container to leave Hong Kong on the 10th, but now don't know just when it'll go. Once it does, we're about four weeks out (3 to get across the ocean, 1 to clear customs). I would still expect to have these on hand before the end of July.

Kurt
Drop me a note when they are available please. I'm going to be purchasing a hdmi 1.3 capable flat panel soon. I'll also recommend your cables to anyone I can think of that has gotten into hdmi.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Of all the things that I find great about HDMI the most infuriating thing in the world are handshake problems. Occasionally playing my ps3 I have one and they drive me nuts because it always seems to occur at an inopportune time. I wish I could figure out a way to deal with it but I will live with it until a firmware update since there is no better option.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis