What's happened to NPR?

jinjuku

jinjuku

1st off I've been a monthly supporter for years now.

It's been going on for a while now but for the last month while driving I've randomly tuned in and it's a farging guarantee the coverage will be the holy trinity of: Race, Gender, or Trump.

I can't stand it any longer and called up and canceled and let them know why.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
As always, the fish rots from the head: NPR's current CEO spend 20 years at Scripps
and not everyone is happy about it:

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
1st off I've been a monthly supporter for years now.

It's been going on for a while now but for the last month while driving I've randomly tuned in and it's a farging guarantee the coverage will be the holy trinity of: Race, Gender, or Trump.

I can't stand it any longer and called up and canceled and let them know why.
Well, they are funded by the gov't (and listeners) and the current regime is all about R, G & T, so...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, they are funded by the gov't (and listeners) and the current regime is all about R, G & T, so...
they were always partially funded by tax money, but look at their web page now - it's full of click baits.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
they were always partially funded by tax money, but look at their web page now - it's full of click baits.
No disagreement here - I stopped listening to NPR (used to really like "All Things Considered" and a couple other afternoon news/programs) 20+ years ago... "Tiny Desk Concert" is still pretty cool, but I'll catch those on YT.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis