What's going on with Texas politics?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yesterday, the Texas House of Representatives voted to impeach the Texas Attorney General, Ken Paxton. The articles of impeachment were introduced by … Republicans!!!

The vote wasn't close. Of 146 House members present, 121 voted to impeach Paxton – more than the majority needed, including all but one Democrat and 60 Republicans. 23 (all Republicans) voted no. Two others were present but abstained. If my arithmetic is right, Republicans outnumber Democrats by 84 to 62.

I've gotten used to the highly partisan politics coming from both parties in this country, especially the in-your-face partisanship coming from Texas Republicans. People such as Gregg Abbott (Governor), Ken Paxton (Attorney General), Ted Cruz (US Senator), among others, have been especially aggressive about shoving their political agenda down everyone else's throats. But since the Paxton impeachment effort suddenly emerged, Gov. Abbott has has been uncharacteristically silent.

Texas is entirely run by Republicans in all 3 branches of it's state government. The legislative districts, both state and national, have been gerrymandered by Republicans for more than a decade. And the sheer amount of dark money coming from wealthy right-wing Texans has shown it's clout over & over on the national scene.

I thought Republicans always protected their own, no matter what. I never expected any inter-party conflict like this to emerge – especially among Texas Republicans. What's going on?

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/27/greg-abbott-ken-paxton-impreachment/

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I saw something about this guy having been under various investigations for a variety of legal transgressions the last 8 years or so but that it was an affair he was having, and a job in Austin arranged for his girlfriend so he didn't have to travel to San Antonio to see her that was the tipping point.....which is also mystifying for today's republicans who seem to be fine with marital infidelities. Maybe I'll check out more but not really that interested otoh :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yesterday, the Texas House of Representatives voted to impeach the Texas Attorney General, Ken Paxton. The articles of impeachment were introduced by … Republicans!!!
You seem to be guilty of the same thing you are insinuating about the TX HoR Republicans.

There are reddit threads on Ken Paxton and he's an absolute sleazeball. This is routine taking out of the trash. Just like some other politician I don't like, please have the goods on them you think you do and don't miss.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You see to be guilty of the same thing you are insinuating about the TX HoR Republicans.

There are reddit threads on Ken Paxton and he's an absolute sleazeball. This is routine taking out of the trash. Just like some other politician I don't like, please have the goods on them you think you do and don't miss.
Can politicians still be tarred and feathered?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, politicians and infidelity, like it's just a Republican thing :eek:

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis