whats for Christmas dinner ?

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
first of all,

Merry Christmas to you all ! have a happy & safe holiday. :)

So ! for dinner tonight !

I am making a 5 pound prime rib,steamed broccoli,garlic bread.

having our son & his wife & our granddaughter over for dinner today ,

:)

and Zephyr with one of her many new gifts wishes you a merry Christmas too !

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Merry Christmas!

Hmmm. I think that Niki and I will start by finishing the few slices of ham that are left, then progress to the remaining turkey bacon. Probably have a bowl of soup, too. I'll add in some pumpkin bread for myself and some Iams for her. :) We'll wash it down with bottled water for her and some Leffe for me.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
Merry Christmas!

Hmmm. I think that Niki and I will start by finishing the few slices of ham that are left, then progress to the remaining turkey bacon. Probably have a bowl of soup, too. I'll add in some pumpkin bread for myself and some Iams for her. :) We'll wash it down with bottled water for her and some Leffe for me.
sounds great Adam,

have a really good holiday,
hold the ones you love close,life is too short not to.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
That prime rib looks good, haven't had that in a while.

We just had leftover turkey with turkey gravy, potatoes with turkey gravy, and peas with turkey gravy. Of course the meal wouldn't be complete without some fresh bread to soak up the leftover turkey gravy!

Steve

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
That prime rib looks good, haven't had that in a while.

We just had leftover turkey with turkey gravy, potatoes with turkey gravy, and peas with turkey gravy. Of course the meal wouldn't be complete without some fresh bread to soak up the leftover turkey gravy!

Steve
we had turkey yesterday,great leftovers for sure,

merry Christmas Steve,

Senior Audioholic
We are cooking nice pork roast tonight. I did all the hard stuff last night making real enchiladas.

Not the swimming in goo type you get with the combo #2 at your local Mexican restaurant, and not some enchilada casserole either.

The family tradition is tamales on Christmas eve, but I just don't have the time for that anymore.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Ham, Au gratin potatoes, corn & pineapple stuffing.

Pretty good.:)

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
we had turkey yesterday,great leftovers for sure,

merry Christmas Steve,
Merry Christmas to you as well Dan.

BTW, if anyone one is looking for a mashed potato substitute try this,

- One medium sized Rutabaga (Turnip)
- One medium sized yam (sweet potato), about equal size to the Rutabaga.

Cube both and then stream (or boil) until tender, drain it well if you boil them. Mash the two until thoughtly mixed and add in a little freshly ground black pepper and ginger.

One of our favorite resturants makes this and we tried it ourselves this year with our Turkey dinner, turned out awesome. They go an extra step and puree it in a food processor but we both felt it wasn't needed.

Steve

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Merry Christmas to you too, Dan.

I made a slow roasted pork butt for pulled pork with a vinegar based bbq sauce, steamed organic broccoli, mashed organic potato's, and Pacific Rim Riesling to wash it all down.

The pork was humanely raised and came from here.

http://www.roselandorganicfarms.com/

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I started the day by putting the ham in the oven in the am for a four/five hour slow cook, with about an hour left on the timer I deep fried an 18 lb butterball at 375 degrees for approx. 3.5 minutes per lb. (in peanut oil ). Wifey and My Father prepped meatballs and sausage with pork last night and Dad made homemade gravy all to be placed in the dutch oven on low for quite some time throughout the day, Multitudes of veggies, fruit and tasty desserts, two cases of Stella Artois, two bottles of red - two bottles of white, two bottles of shampagny and just loads of family fun , it has finally begun to wind down, I am so so tired that I cant sleep , I feel like the kid that can't put away the toys, great , great , day.

A celebration of life , family , happiness , and of course I Thank God for making this all possible for Me and my Family :):):).

Bring on the New Year as I am STOKED let the week be The Complete Celebration, work, what work if school is off then so am I, lol.

T

toddious

Audioholic Intern
We get 4-5lbs of local 4Rivers BBQ the day before and feast!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis