What would be cheaper?

Blue2kid3

Blue2kid3

Audioholic Intern
Going 7.2.4 set up I could do the denon 4700 with a stereo powered Amp or go denon 6700 and use all internal amps.

I have never used separates way beyond my price range but are there any good stereo amps that would save money over the denon 6700?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Going 7.2.4 set up I could do the denon 4700 with a stereo powered Amp or go denon 6700 and use all internal amps.

I have never used separates way beyond my price range but are there any good stereo amps that would save money over the denon 6700?
Sure they are, just jump on Google and look up Home audio amps just like you've done with the Denon AVR. Theres ATi amps, Parasound amps, Monoprice amps, Outlaw amps, Yamaha amps umm its a Long list out there. As for driving your setup with just a AVR, depends on the speakers how far you sit from them, your room size, what Subs have you checked out? again 12" sub? 15" sub? SVS got killer subs from about umm 999.00 up to 5K big boy Subs. Again long list there also they come in all sizes and colors. Start with how much your willing to spend and go from there. Look at your front 3 first LCR. Want a good front sound stage? Don't cheap out! 2 to 3k on those maybe 4k. Do your own research, check out Genes home page Shady J has done some really good articles on tower speaker and bookshelf speakers. Look up speaker threads and audio amp, AVR threads on Genes home page they are loaded with a wealth of info with test all free! happy hunting!

Blue2kid3

Blue2kid3

Audioholic Intern
Sure they are, just jump on Google and look up Home audio amps just like you've done with the Denon AVR. Theres ATi amps, Parasound amps, Monoprice amps, Outlaw amps, Yamaha amps umm its a Long list out there. As for driving your setup with just a AVR, depends on the speakers how far you sit from them, your room size, what Subs have you checked out? again 12" sub? 15" sub? SVS got killer subs from about umm 999.00 up to 5K big boy Subs. Again long list there also they come in all sizes and colors. Start with how much your willing to spend and go from there. Look at your front 3 first LCR. Want a good front sound stage? Don't cheap out! 2 to 3k on those maybe 4k. Do your own research, check out Genes home page Shady J has done some really good articles on tower speaker and bookshelf speakers. Look up speaker threads and audio amp, AVR threads on Genes home page they are loaded with a wealth of info with test all free! happy hunting!
So you think the cheaper denon and get a powered Amp for the extra 2 channels thanks I'll start looking don't need more than 100 w per channel fairly small room and going dual svs so I'll probably cross over at 80 - 120 hz as high as I can that responds well on rew to lessen the load on the avr amps

Blue2kid3

Blue2kid3

Audioholic Intern
Okay guys I cant find one can some one help me I have never handled separates I don't need more than about 100 watts of power RMS to power front two speakers for a denon 4700 and get a 7.1.4 system

Send me suggestions that would be around the price of the Denon 6700 without the extra power amp. Thanks guys!

Blue2kid3

Blue2kid3

Audioholic Intern
The SVS (with great support sounds perfect exactly what I will need)
Do I plug in the aux in set up avr to add them as external amp and poof it will work? Will Auto room correction work will volume control work on my avr or do I have to match them sorry I have no idea how separates work outside of SCHIIT audio headphone amp and dac.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
So you think the cheaper denon and get a powered Amp for the extra 2 channels thanks I'll start looking don't need more than 100 w per channel fairly small room and going dual svs so I'll probably cross over at 80 - 120 hz as high as I can that responds well on rew to lessen the load on the avr amps
If you go with a AVR and a amp this is a good one Parasound 2125v.2 on sale now $595.00 free shipping just Google that amp. Doesn't matter what I believe what you should buy, this is just a suggestion on my part. That Denon 4700 will drive your center and surrounds. Adding a amp will take the load off of the power supply.
images.jpeg

Blue2kid3

Blue2kid3

Audioholic Intern
Stupid question when adding an amp does auto EQ and all the features work correctly? Does it limit the system in anyway, will it still level match and keep everything when adjusting the volume?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Stupid question when adding an amp does auto EQ and all the features work correctly? Does it limit the system in anyway, will it still level match and keep everything when adjusting the volume?
The auto setup/eq programs are a good way to incorporate the external amp, everything will work just fine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis