Junior Audioholic
So I have

Reciever demon x2400h
Fronts klipsch rf 63s
Center polk csi a4
Surrounds polk lsif/x
Surround backs klipsch 51s
Subwoofer paradigm pdr 80

I just recently picked up a pair polk rti a7s as well and have a extra pair polk lsif/x my question mostly is should I scrap my klipsch and go for all polk again or transition to all klipsch I hear it's not good to mix and match I could go with a7s as fronts and 4 lsifx as surrounds what way would u go

M

Mr.Iceland

Audiophyte
I've had many brands in my system, I just went all Klipsch and it's something I should have done a long time ago, got a pair of Usher cp6391, B&O Beolab 5 and beolab 3, jbl studio and many more... the Klipsch is just so much more for a lot less $

You can see my setup in another post "the Icelandic way" under home theater setup

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I certainly don't think you should put "all your eggs" into the Polk basket. I think they are some of the poorest offerings around. I think Klipsch is better, but there are better choices around, but may be at a higher price point.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you listen to much music (which I feel demands a better speaker than HT), I would suggest working your way into Klipsch's Reference Premiere series.
The ones you currently have are Reference Series and should "play nice" with the Reference Premiere series.

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
Ya I know there are nicer speakers better brands but what I have is polk and klipsch so need to for now go one way or another and seems klipsch is a bit better speaker

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
A new sub might be a good investment first. Depending on room size and construction that little 8” will struggle to add anything to quality towers. The published low end FR of 32hz is also way too high for movies imo.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep put the new Polks in surrounds and shop for a good sub!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I am going to agree with the general sentiment here: there are plenty of better choices than the two you've chosen (Polk/Klipsch). But, if you have your heart set on staying with those two, I'd choose Klipsch and do as @KEW suggests and move up to the Reference Premiere. I'd also take the upgrade suggestion on the sub. For subs, go big or go home.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Ya I know there are nicer speakers better brands but what I have is polk and klipsch so need to for now go one way or another and seems klipsch is a bit better speaker
I would not limit yourself to just two brands, better off setting up polls in klipsch in different rooms. See which you prefer no one can tell you what your going to like better...

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My assumption is tje klipach rf63s are a better speaker then the a7 but I could be wrong
It’s definitely possible, but I wouldn’t make that call unless I tried them both. There are a LOT of A7 owners who love them. Naturally klipsch has its fans too. Point is, IMO one isn’t necessarily head and shoulders above the other, and listening to each is the only way to know for sure. Maybe the polls are too laid back for you, or maybe you’d appreciate the smoothness of them over horn sound of the klipsch. These are ambiguous statements. Just trying to show that ya just never know until ya go.

S

ssmaudio

Audioholic Intern
I don't know anything about the klipsch ones, but gotta say, I LOVE my A7s. The warmth and clean sound is amazing.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Wow, did you say lsi series? I actually had an entire lsi series 7.1 setup many years ago. What a blast from the past! Attached is what I had. Polk made some nice audio years ago. Why not polk?

Attachments

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
Its funny how stuff goes in and out of popularity I have two sets the lsi fx in that pic cant sell one set had posted for 200 bucks in wicked shape for months I will always keep one pair even if not using just because there awesome

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
I agree, i thought those were awesome speakers as well.
Its funny how stuff goes in and out of popularity I have two sets the lsi fx in that pic cant sell one set had posted for 200 bucks in wicked shape for months I will always keep one pair even if not using just because there awesome
I agree i thought those were awesome speakers as well.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, did you say lsi series? I actually had an entire lsi series 7.1 setup many years ago. What a blast from the past! Attached is what I had. Polk made some nice audio years ago. Why not polk?
Polkz really have gone up in price but there cheaper then most brands the dome tweeter probably won’t hurt my ears as bad . I Am stuck with klipsch for a while so not going to switch brands for a long time . Maybe I can turn down high end on onkyo

Tesla spoken to them

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
In
Polkz really have gone up in price but there cheaper then most brands the dome tweeter probably won’t hurt my ears as bad . I Am stuck with klipsch for a while so not going to switch brands for a long time . Maybe I can turn down high end on onkyo

Tesla spoken to them
Sorry for that, I meant for that to be a thumbs up! Aplogies.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis