What to do with a corner space such as this? or just leave it...

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
I am pondering on the little push out by the right channel nook area. I am questioning its musical affect on the sound reproduction. I would love remove that part of the push out so there is no nook but there is plumbing in the middle of it so it can't really be done. I originally want to do it so I can widen the right channel about 6 inches and fit a larger screen.
t2.jpg
t1.jpg

What would you do?

I am thinking about removing all the shelving and making panels for that area. There will also be a sub back there.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I doubt very much that nook is doing anything significant to the sound. If you want to focus on things that really affect the sound, look at a multiple subwoofer setup with a way to measure the response.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
I doubt very much that nook is doing anything significant to the sound. If you want to focus on things that really affect the sound, look at a multiple subwoofer setup with a way to measure the response.
I am in the process of building a couple of subs that should be complete by xmas.... thats the timeline anyway. I am thinking that nook affects the low frequency response and there is also some rattling in that shelf area.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Sure, that nooks is contributing to the low-frequency response, but that isn't going to be changed by anything other than a major restructuring of that whole area. Its effect on the low-frequency response is not likely to be substantial. Where you choose to place your subwoofers in-room is going to have a much greater impact in the low-end response.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis