Interconnects: Monster Interlink 400 MKII analogue
Speaker cable: MonsterXP
Power supply: ECM Powercomm UPS
Speakers: AR318PS

Any good recommendations of upgrades?</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Unless another component is seriously inadequate (like a very underpowered amp), the only ways to make a major, truly audible upgrade to a system is via different speakers, and/or by improving your room's acoustics (if that is a problem).

The question to ask yourself is: what do you want to accomplish with the upgrade?

You might take a look at the &quot;upgrade philosophy&quot; thread in the Philosophers and Wiseguys forum.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>It depends on your budget &amp; listening preferences. &nbsp;If you have a lot of vinyl you might wanna aim a bit higher than a Yamaha 'table. &nbsp;Just what you buy of course will depend on your budget. &nbsp;Music Hall makes some very good 'tables at a wide range of price points; a guy I know @ AC copied one of my LPs to CD-R for me on his MMF-5, and it sounds great (I've got only a scrub of a TT- I've only got 50 records nowadays, not worth buying another 'table for them).

Depending on how current the DACs are in your receiver, and upsampler might be a good upgrade. &nbsp;Monarchy's Dip upsampler is about $300, and GW Labs sells one for $400 thats got some pretty good feedback.

Speakers would be the obvious upgrade. &nbsp;Again, personal taste will dictate what you buy, but there's a lot better than AR, IMOHO. &nbsp;

Probably the best upgrade would be some room treatments. &nbsp;Several guys I know have bought Roompacks from The 8th Nerve- the cost was $269 for a pack that will treat a 'typical' room, and the result were amazing.

Just some suggestions.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis