What sub to upgrade too

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I love your setup!
Thanks...I'm really enjoying it...truth be told, I'm just a musichead at heart...it was fun building the system but investing in music (especially a new hi res library) and listening to it almost daily is a lot more fun.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks...I'm really enjoying it...truth be told, I'm just a musichead at heart...it was fun building the system but investing in music (especially a new hi res library) and listening to it almost daily is a lot more fun.
I knew you had those 3As... Flippin' Gorgeous, Man!!!
That would be my entry point, too! Followed closely by the 3BeATs, but really... the VTH3s. If only Disposable and 7Gs could be used in the same sentence. :D (Which is to say, other than that previous sentence, where I just thought about that possibility... Ah hell, you now what I mean. :p)

:cool:

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
What do you all think about Power sound audio s3010 subs? Dual 15s in one box the CEA numbers are staggering on those but I don’t see much talk about them it’s always hsu or svs.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Unfortunately I'm on a concrete slab. I took a look at the house link and it looks very tempting! Question though? Why did you recommend the vtf 15 over the vtf3 performance or just the looks because I think it does look a little more appealing
The VTF15h mk2 and VTF-3 mk5 are very similar in performance, except in very deep bass where the VTF15h mk2 has an advantage due to its larger ports and enclosure. The trade-off is that the VTF15h mk2 is larger in depth size that takes up more floor space. The VTf15h is also a bit more expensive. Both subs would hit pretty hard and are great performers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What do you all think about Power sound audio s3010 subs? Dual 15s in one box the CEA numbers are staggering on those but I don’t see much talk about them it’s always hsu or svs.
I would say wait until their numbers are confirmed by a reliable third-party. Any manufacturer can post any numbers they want, so third-party verification is what counts here. The last time PSA had their product reviewed with CEA-2010 measurements, it tested way under what PSA had claimed. Hsu and SVS's claimed numbers, on the other hand, are always right on the money.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
True I don’t see how they could pull those numbers in a sealed box dual 15’s or not. I own a hsu vtf2 mk5 and am pleased with it. If I were to upgrade I would probably go the svs pb 3000.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis