What Stereo speakers would you buy for $7,000?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Retail, sure.

I don’t know anyone that actually pays full retail.
I don't shop at stores that play games with prices, then again there are no stores near me so I'm usually internet direct or via special sales. I'd assume the usual prices quoted in a thread like this are general retail prices rather than particularly discounted ones.....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Retail, sure.

I don’t know anyone that actually pays full retail.
RUSSDAWG!!!

Been thinking about you lately. How you breathin' today? Hope the smoke isn't too bad over there right now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
RUSSDAWG!!!

Been thinking about you lately. How you breathin' today? Hope the smoke isn't too bad over there right now.
I was just looking at sfgate and thinking of you and some of my other norcal friends....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I was just looking at sfgate and thinking of you and some of my other norcal friends....
Ya... the closest one to me is about 16 miles as the crow flies. Windsor and western Healdsburg areas are more at risk right now, I think... The wind isn't super strong right now, just dry outside and hot. Hopefully they can cet some control over this and trap it from the population areas before it grows super craze.
During last years Kinkaid fire, this is the area they were trying to keep that from spreading to. I think then, with the strong winds, it was feared it could run amok.

*fingers crossed

Safety and protection to all as our fire season has started!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I would go with the Salk Veracity HT2-TL. I have heard Salk speaker and they are excellent.

I use those SEAS W-18 drivers in MTM. Their mid range is unparalleled. You will have some change a little over 2K. They are a bargain. I think you would not regret that purchase. Those SEAS Excel series drivers are among the best available anywhere.

If you do purchase them, do not cross them over, just supplement them with the sub below 60 or 40 Hz depending on your room. Those drivers have a really robust motor system.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would go with the Salk Veracity HT2-TL. I have heard Salk speaker and they are excellent.

I use those SEAS W-18 drivers in MTM. Their mid range is unparalleled. You will have some change a little over 2K. They are a bargain. I think you would not regret that purchase. Those SEAS Excel series drivers are among the best available anywhere.

If you do purchase them, do not cross them over, just supplement them with the sub below 60 or 40 Hz depending on your room. Those drivers have a really robust motor system.
This from Dennis:

More info in the preceding page or 2 about his upcoming renewal of Philharmonic Audio!

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
I don't shop at stores that play games with prices, then again there are no stores near me so I'm usually internet direct or via special sales. I'd assume the usual prices quoted in a thread like this are general retail prices rather than particularly discounted ones.....
Haha, I completely understand.

I just know that Revel has enough margin in it, so I don’t really like quoting their speakers at retail price as that’s not very accurate IMO.

ID obviously do not have the means to cut 30% off the top for fun.

But with $7000 to spend, by all means he can get F228Be’s is all I meant.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
RUSSDAWG!!!

It’s quite yellow outside, and a lot of ash on my car when I went to grab lunch.

Isn’t too hard to breath, but they seem to be cranking out quite a bit of evacuation zones. I’m quite a ways away from the nearest one, but it is always intimidating having fires on both sides of where you live.

Hope you are doing alright too :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Gotta say those are some fine looking speaker's. Dennis right? I would Seriously consider a pair, How is ole Dennis doing? Well I hope.

B

bobpiet

Audiophyte
Yup 10k for the F228Be’s, full list price. Always ask for a better price, what can your dealer say except no? Awesome speakers.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Gotta say those are some fine looking speaker's. Dennis right? I would Seriously consider a pair, How is ole Dennis doing? Well I hope.
Jim's speakers, Dennis XO work. :)
Dennis seems to be doing well. Will be renewing the Philharmonic Audio brand with some new offerings soon!!! There are some details being discussed in the link I provided in post 27.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief

ATC SCM 40 - $1.00 under your spending amount. Hard to beat the sound you'll get from these. Getting a sub-woofer later would turn these into one of the best 2.1 systems you could ever hear.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm in the process of selecting a set of Stereo speakers (just L and R) for a 28' x 22' room with 9' ceiling. It's carpeted and I could add room treatments. The speaker budget is up to $7,000.

My listening tastes started with Jazz and Classical but have grown since I started using Tidal. I currently have a Denon 4500, Adcom GFA-7000, dual Soundcraftsmen S800, dual apt corp 1 and Hegel H90 amps.

I have a few Speakers in mind but I'm wondering what your choice might be? Thank you!
Salk is the safe bet!

But, if you are really gonna spend that much change on a set of speakers, then you need to start a little tour to listen to them for yourself, create a short list, and re-listen to the short list before making the choice.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Salk is the safe bet!

But, if you are really gonna spend that much change on a set of speakers, then you need to start a little tour to listen to them for yourself, create a short list, and re-listen to the short list before making the choice.
Solid advice slippery! If I may add, them Monitor Sliver 10's sit at his price. Crutchfield has them for $400 bucks off right now. With a Free 60 day return both ways even if you don't like time For what ever reason.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Silver 10s are an older model, and based on the word from the street... not bad speakers, but the Silver 300 and 500 speakers are better performers.
FWIW, MA updated the Gold lineup last year... I suspect the Silvers will see a new generation possibly as early as next year. The review I saw of the newer Gold line put them (subjectively) at approximately 85% the performance of the far more expensive Platinum line, with the reviewer even going so far as to suggest the Platinums weren't really worth the price. If the Silvers get anything near that type of performance bump from the Gold line trickling down... I say watch out, especially if they maintain at the pricepoint they already exist in. :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
The Silver 10s are an older model, and based on the word from the street... not bad speakers, but the Silver 300 and 500 speakers are better performers.
FWIW, MA updated the Gold lineup last year... I suspect the Silvers will see a new generation possibly as early as next year. The review I saw of the newer Gold line put them (subjectively) at approximately 85% the performance of the far more expensive Platinum line, with the reviewer even going so far as to suggest the Platinums weren't really worth the price. If the Silvers get anything near that type of performance bump from the Gold line trickling down... I say watch out, especially if they maintain at the pricepoint they already exist in. :)
Good to know, I knew going in the Silver 10's are a older model. Still a very Nicely built speaker has a lot of good Techno in them.
For that price with the 400 bills off good deal. Also with Crutchfield you'll Definitely get a no hassle return, Not affiliated with them in anyway but have good dealing with them in the past. Customer service was excellent in handling returns.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The Silver 300's and 500's are excellent. I've spent several hours in front of these listening to tunes. The 500's are so balanced from lows to highs that not one area shined over another. Smooth.

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
Jim's speakers, Dennis XO work. :)
Dennis seems to be doing well. Will be renewing the Philharmonic Audio brand with some new offerings soon!!! There are some details being discussed in the link I provided in post 27.
I'm doing fine, and so far no wild fires are threatening the greater Washington D.C. area. It's a swamp out here, you know. Best of luck to all of you on the West Coast. That's a frightening situation.
As for speakers, I wish I had a nice tower to offer the OP. But i hope to remedy that in the not-too-distant future, and then you can spend $3K on speakers and put $4K down on a Golf R.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm doing fine, and so far no wild fires are threatening the greater Washington D.C. area. It's a swamp out here, you know. Best of luck to all of you on the West Coast. That's a frightening situation.
As for speakers, I wish I had a nice tower to offer the OP. But i hope to remedy that in the not-too-distant future, and then you can spend $3K on speakers and put $4K down on a Golf R.
Really hoping I don't have to pack the Phil 3s into my car for another round of Dodge-The-Blaze this year!!! *fingers-crossed

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis