What Speakers for Video games?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Meridian DSP8000s for sure.

Really - it's audio, first come up with a budget, then look for something to fill that budget. The more you spend, the more you get. Video games aren't some unique form of audio - it's just audio. Read the 10 billion posts on good audio, and then pick one that fits your budget and you are good to go.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
vid games for PC or TV?

for PC, any multimedia set from altec lansing or creative will do.

for TV, BMXTRIX is right, its the same as watching movies "audio"

how much money you got? we'll be happy to spend it for you :D i mean, we'll be happy to help you to the right direction

G

Guavamanh

Junior Audioholic
Hey whats up Shadow, welcome to the forums :D

I'm running my my tv/computer/xbox and ps2 through my logitech Z680s... not too shabby for the $220 bucks I paid like 2 years ago, only bother is that I have to switch between the ps2 and xbox optical cables depending on which i use (no $ to buy a optical switcher).

They have an updated version of the Z680s which are the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker... they can be found for under $250 as well. Check out www.newegg.com It's a pretty good solution for cheap. The Klipsch systems are also pretty cool, but cost a little bit more.

And if you have more money... then you can buy separate components and run your audio/video through your system just like BMXTRIX says... can't wait until I save up enough money for that ;) For now the z680s are doing fine for a grad student budget :p

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I want to add, before it goes to far into computer specific speakers...

The Onkyo HTS-770 system which is an entry level home theater in a box (HTIB) setup, offers a full upgrade path to larger speakers and better components with multiple digital and analog hookups and most of all can be had for under $300.00 shipped to your door.

The specs on it are pretty amazing for the price. IMO it blows away the Logitech 5500 system for the upgrade path and video connectivity it offers. Pure bang for the buck quality there. Not overall quality, but for that price, I don't think it can be beat.

Closer to $800+ and you are talking new separates from various companies.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Sound is a big part of the gaming experience, to be sure. Especially with Xbox games, most of which utilize Dolby Digital in-game. It's really to cool to hear, for example, Covenant soldiers creeping up behind you or Dark Jedi lightsabers humming as you wade thru them. At the moment my Xbox & PSOne reside in my bedroom, where space concerns dictate a 2-CH only setup. I have Monitor Audio Silver 7i's hooked up, and I recently purchased the best Pelican switcher to provide the component vid selection so I could integrate all my game systems alongside my DVD & VCR to run into one input of my tubed Onix Melody SP3 while leaving the other input for a CD player or DAC.

There really is no such thing as 'overkill' for gaming sound, if you're a rabid enough gamer.:D

S

Shadowx28

Audioholic Intern
Ok for some more info, Xbox gamer, soon to be 360 gamer. I got an Onkyo SR701 reciever (we got a great deal on it) I would really want some 6.1 or even 7.1 speakers if possable, 1200 budget at most.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis