what size sub should I get?

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
My set up is in my signature. I am leaning towards a def tech sub because of the smoking deals I can get.

Matt34

Matt34

chadd said:
My set up is in my signature. I am leaning towards a def tech sub because of the smoking deals I can get.
How big is your room and what are you looking to spend?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I gotta say,

This is the first time I recall ever seeing someone list the prices they paid for their equipment. Why do you feel this is necessary?

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
To expand on Matt's post, make that room size in cubic feet.

Nick

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I would stick with the SCI or better. BTW, you're not a beginner anymore, you should've asked this in the sub forum.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
markw said:
This is the first time I recall ever seeing someone list the prices they paid for their equipment. Why do you feel this is necessary?
Maybe he is proud of his savings.:D

He will never beat me on deals, I got all the deals.:D

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
well.....

markw
Mark are you always a dillhole or just sometimes? :D

Seth=L
Maybe he is proud of his savings.
Precisely;) I guess it is the 1/18 jew in me:D

Seth=L
He will never beat me on deals, I got all the deals.
Lucky dog:cool:

AVRat
I would stick with the SCI or better. BTW, you're not a beginner anymore, you should've asked this in the sub forum.
Cool I'm not a beginner anymore, I sure feel like one still. Sorry for the misplaced thread and thank you for your advice. I am going to have to look for what a SCI or better means.:confused:

Last but not least, my room is pretty big. I would say about 17ft x 24ft.

Thanks for the help.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
duhhhh....

Sorry didnt see that....My room is about 4500ft3...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
And you neglected BUDGET again.... For 4500cf, you are going to need a decent sub.

Sorry, I'm with Markw. Yes, those are good deals, but the price is really a totally unecessary thing. You would crap your pants if you saw the kind of deals I got on some of my gear, but it doesn't matter. It is your sig though.

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
Seth=L said:
Maybe he is proud of his savings.:D

He will never beat me on deals, I got all the deals.:D

i just had the same idea,and the same solution.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
Budget

As far as how much I would like to spend well, around $500. Which is why I am leaning towards def tech since I can get a good deal from them. But if you have any other suggestions please fire away.

Thanks garcia for understanding that it is my signature and I do KNOW that my system is by no means an expensive one by some forum members standards and I know for sure I dont get the best deals around. But I am proud of my savings and actually did put the price in to help others to try to get the best deal possible. Please dont take this the wrong way but I am going to have to disagree on how necessary it is to list prices.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
chadd said:
Mark are you always a dillhole or just sometimes? :D
Nah, only when the situation calls for it, like here

Seth=L said:
Maybe he is proud of his savings.
chadd said:
Precisely;) I guess it is the 1/18 jew in me:D
Nothing like a derogatory stereotype to endear oneself to a bunch of people, about whom you really know nothing.

For heavens sake man, show a little class.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For $500, DefTech is definitley not where I would be looking. I'd quickly stroll over to the standards - www.svsound.com and www.hsuresearch.com For a room that big, you may need to toss in another $50 and get the SVS 25-31PCi, that would be my recommendation. At $429, there is the PB-10, which should be OK in there as well. From HSU, the VTF-2 Mk3 or STF-3.

Please dont take this the wrong way but I am going to have to disagree on how necessary it is to list prices.
There are plenty of things that people do because they want to, that doesn't make them right or wrong.

Last edited:
AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
SCI = SuperCube I. Another member somehow was able to get one for $300 recently. For $612 shipped you can get an HSU VTF-3 MKII that would work well.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
If the OP can get a SC1 in the same price range ($300), I suggest two of them for that room.

Nick

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
awesome

Thanks for all the ideas, I really appreciate them.

Sorry mark for that comment and to all that I might of offended with it. I will show some class, maybe mark can as well.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis