What should I upgrade

E

Evader115

Audiophyte
Hi, I have a pair of relatively cheap Grado sr60e's and I am using the 3.5 mm jack on my mac to connect to them. I am streaming via Spotify in "high quality". What should I upgrade I am looking to spend about $150 on whatever.

Last edited:
MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

Well, what don't you like about your setup?

Streaming even in high quality is still compressed, so I wouldn't stress getting some reference/mix level headphones or something. Just something well made, comfortable and with a signature that you find pleasing for what you listen to.

Have you tried your SR60E's with L-cush pads instead of flat pads?

Do you like your Grados or do you want a different sound?

Do you want semi-open, open or closed back?

Very best,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Would depend on what you want to spend your money on? You want to experience other than headphones?

B

Bill Willems

Audiophyte
I just put L pads on mine after years of having the replacement big fat pads, and wow what a difference in comfort and sound. I’m guessing you’re asking about a DAC inline though. Without it sounds amazing until you try something better. So with they said, I’d find the best reviewed at your price point. Because you can spend from $100 to $10,000 for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Evader115

Audiophyte
Hi,

Well, what don't you like about your setup?

Streaming even in high quality is still compressed, so I wouldn't stress getting some reference/mix level headphones or something. Just something well made, comfortable and with a signature that you find pleasing for what you listen to.

Have you tried your SR60E's with L-cush pads instead of flat pads?

Do you like your Grados or do you want a different sound?

Do you want semi-open, open or closed back?

Very best,
Thanks, I'll give the L pads a try

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis