What receiver should i buy??

S

samfsu

Audiophyte
Here is what i have and want...

Room: 15 wide x 15 length x 12 high
Speakers: 5.1 Boston Acoustic cubes and sub

Usually use for TV and movies, occasionally music.

I have been looking at the yammy 665, pioneer 1019 and onkyo 607

Budget is around $400 but would be willing to increase a little.

Current receiver is a yamaha htr-5150 (6-7 yrs old).

R

Robof83

Audioholic
All those are great receivers and honestly you really don't need to spend more than $400. Maybe even look into refurbs of previous models like the onkyo 606.

S

Sevenride

Audiophyte
Lord-Based on your ravings and rantings of the Onyko 876 I took the plunge. Being a novice, I fretted over the purchase of a quality AV receiver for over a month. It all came down to the Pioneer sc-05/07 or the Onkyo. Your tireless advocacy of the Onkyo proved to be the deciding factor. I will be running it with a Samsung 63B960 plasma and a newly purchased Oppo BDP-83.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum (posting, anyway), and congrats on the new purchase! If you would, let us know how you like it once you've had a chance to try it out. Thanks.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Lord-Based on your ravings and rantings of the Onyko 876 I took the plunge. Being a novice, I fretted over the purchase of a quality AV receiver for over a month. It all came down to the Pioneer sc-05/07 or the Onkyo. Your tireless advocacy of the Onkyo proved to be the deciding factor. I will be running it with a Samsung 63 inch plasma and a newly purchased Oppo B83.
what about the speakers:D

S

Sevenride

Audiophyte
Still trying to decide on speakers. Right now I am using Boise surround-I know I know--no highs no lows must be Boise. Open to suggestions...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Still trying to decide on speakers. Right now I am using Boise surround-I know I know--no highs no lows must be Boise. Open to suggestions...
You've got some quality electronics. What is your budget for the speakers? Have you gone out and auditioned any or heard any over at a friend's house that you liked?

S

Sevenride

Audiophyte
Being a noob I don't know too much about speakers. I have listened to Boston Accoustics and really like their sound but I would really be interested in hearing suggestions. Will I be in the ball park at $2,000?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You can get some mighty fine speakers for $2000. I'd suggest that you go out and audition speakers to find out what you like. I also suggest checking out internet-direct brands like Aperion Audio and SVS. Aperion Audio has a no-risk trial period, meaning that you won't pay anything if you return them. Aperion has gotten very good reviews. SVS is better known for it's subwoofers (which I highly recommend taking a look at), but they also get good reviews on their speakers.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
At around $400, I'd probably go with the Denon 1610/590 unless the 1910/790 could be had for $450 street price.

H

High Fidelity

Enthusiast
Here is what i have and want...

Room: 15 wide x 15 length x 12 high
Speakers: 5.1 Boston Acoustic cubes and sub

Usually use for TV and movies, occasionally music.

I have been looking at the yammy 665, pioneer 1019 and onkyo 607

Budget is around $400 but would be willing to increase a little.

Current receiver is a yamaha htr-5150 (6-7 yrs old).
BEST BUY ONKYO 707

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis