What player should I buy around $400?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
What player should I replace my Sony X800 4k player with? I have had to unplug my X800 about 5 times now because it has stalled on movies. Is there a 4k player with as good or better picture than the X800 for under $400. I have the Denon AVR-X4400H receiver right now and the Benq LK970 projector. Any help would be great guys!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The Panasonic UB-420 is a good one. It had the HDR optimizer which I don't know how good it but I heard it is a cool feature.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
Yeah, Panasonic seems to be the bang for the buck brand these days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How about getting Sony to replace your faulty player? Always nice to have a spare...

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
What player should I replace my Sony X800 4k player with? I have had to unplug my X800 about 5 times now because it has stalled on movies. Is there a 4k player with as good or better picture than the X800 for under $400. I have the Denon AVR-X4400H receiver right now and the Benq LK970 projector. Any help would be great guys!
If you play any SACD discs, you might want to replace your player with another Sony. Panasonic will not play SACD discs.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
What are SACD discs? I have had the player for probably 5 years so I doubt Sony would replace it.

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
What are SACD discs? I have had the player for probably 5 years so I doubt Sony would replace it.
SACD stands for Super Audo Compact Disc. Some of them (not all) were made using 5 channel audio with some very impressive sound. The format has been obsolete for quite a few years now. If you don't have any SACD discs, don't worry about it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
SACD stands for Super Audo Compact Disc. Some of them (not all) were made using 5 channel audio with some very impressive sound. The format has been obsolete for quite a few years now. If you don't have any SACD discs, don't worry about it.
SACD are still released but mostly in classical and jazz, and the odd release of old popular music for us older people. My preference is multi channel releases of SACD.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
The Panasonic UB-420 is a good one. It had the HDR optimizer which I don't know how good it but I heard it is a cool feature.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
No DV though on this player

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis